Destination suggestions after E@RTC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 03:26 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Destination suggestions after E@RTC

Now that we're working up the plan, we looking for suggestions regarding where to drive for lunch on Saturdays. Also, a few of us have been hitting El Gaucho for happy hour in Bellevue and the place is really good. The food is outstanding. Still, we need some Saturday lunch ideas.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:03 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Great idea Tommy. Looking forward to nice weather, E@RTC and drives/food! I always enjoy breakfast and/or lunch at the Maltby Cafe. The Remlinger restaurant was fun last year too - and good pie for dessert! Pretty much anywhere we can drive and eat is good for me!

Old 01-21-2010, 05:27 AM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Thanks Greta! Both are really great destinations. I'll add them to the list.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:09 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Bellingham, Anacortes, LaConner have some good spots. If you want to make a day of it Astoria has some great seafood restaurants.

I know you Lambo guys are picky so I'll let MI7 pick the places with table cloths, fine china, and real silverware.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Larry I'll meet up with you at McDonald's any day! Look where we ate in Levenworth!

Old 01-22-2010, 08:21 PM
I think we will want to do a combination of short and long drives. I know by the time E@RTC wraps up, I'm looking for lunch somewhere not too far away.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:45 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Great ideas Larry. I am actually looking forward to some nice long drives to lunch this summer - that will be great!

Old 01-22-2010, 10:39 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Laconner doesn't have great parking does it Larry? We've struggled there before with just one car. Though a great spot. Astoria would be fun. Joint through the woods and across that nice bridge would be a good day drive as well. Larry's Hiatus has him clear thinking for sure.

TommyJ remember when the weather heats up I will be cooking one day at our place as long as people aren't afraid of Pierce County.....

Old 01-23-2010, 10:25 AM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
Oyster Bar on Chuckanut

Taking Mark's idea, we should make a trip to the ice caves and have a picnic. We can make a loop out of it (Mountain Loop Hwy).

Maybe something that points the front spilter to the east out of Fife for a while? Morton comes to mind.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:39 AM
AgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to beholdAgeRebel is a splendid one to behold
+1 for Oyster Bar.
Another is Zorba Greek Restaurant at Oak Harbor - street parking but there are open parking lots around the corner.
For a short drive, The Islander at Mercer Island comes to mind.
(I would post links and maps for details but understand something about not being allowed to do that here)

Old 01-24-2010, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Laconner doesn't have great parking does it Larry? We've struggled there before with just one car. Though a great spot. Astoria would be fun. Joint through the woods and across that nice bridge would be a good day drive as well. Larry's Hiatus has him clear thinking for sure.

TommyJ remember when the weather heats up I will be cooking one day at our place as long as people aren't afraid of Pierce County.....
Shoot me some dates and I'll get it on the calendar. Should be a GREAT time!

Old 01-24-2010, 12:53 PM
One of my favorite loops is to get on the ferry at Mukilteo, hit Langley, then up to Coupeville along Madrona Way, a stop at Deception Pass, then on to Anacortes, then down through La Conner, then the backroads home. It's almost all day, but what a great drive. I think it would be tough to pull off because of concern over damage loading onto the ferry.

We could do Snoqualmie, either Salish Lodge or the Mexican restaurant in town. We could also drive south and meet up with those coming from that direction. Orting isn't bad. Hitting the waterfront in Tacoma, or Sumner would be good too.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:09 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Tacoma has some decent places on or near the waterfront, my only gripe is the crappy roads.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:59 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
[quote=H20SKIER;2698889]Laconner doesn't have great parking does it Larry?

Actually there is a rather large (unpaved) public parking lot a block or so off the main drag. The only caveat is avoid tulip festival time.

Old 01-24-2010, 02:03 PM
[quote=TommyJames;2700301]One of my favorite loops is to get on the ferry at Mukilteo.

Only thing my car hates more than rain is Washington State Ferries. They still owe me for an M3 front splitter.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Destination suggestions after E@RTC