Received my front plate exemption for the LP670 SV

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 10:29 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brendo
really, it's a moving violation? you've got to be kidding me. what a hassle. i have them on all my cars but the 911. damn.
Yup, it's a moving violation. I don't think it impacts your insurance, but it is considered a moving violation. Best to fight it if you get one.

Old 03-09-2010, 04:52 PM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
buy a "shack with an address" in a state without the "front plate law" and license all of your cars with that address and that state--- make it a "nice warm state" so you have a rational business reason to be there every couple of years.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:04 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Unfortunately that does not work. If you are driving in WA state, you have to follow WA state laws.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:12 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CrazyRuskie
^^ Unfortunately that does not work. If you are driving in WA state, you have to follow WA state laws.
Not exactly true. You have to register your car if you're going to keep it in Washington State. WSP can not enforce California law when a car is registered in California as an example. The front plate law follows that state's registration regulations. CA has a front plate requirement, but WSP can't ticket you for no front plate on a CA car. Once you're in CA, CHiP can ticket you for no front plate.

Old 03-11-2010, 12:59 AM
PoBExige is infamous around these parts
Anyone have any ideas about the Exige/Elise? Last time I was pulled over I told them if I mounted one it would block the air flow to my front radiator, which is true.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:21 AM
The blocking air flow argument won't work if a front plate bracket exists from the mfg. That means they don't think air flow is a problem either.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:43 AM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
This front plate thing is more or less profiling of cars the officer either is really jealous of or is really annoyed by. I think this state should contribute to its own budget by not paying for radar guns, fancy radio or gas in their domestic pos cars. That would even the playing field!

Old 03-17-2010, 12:27 AM
est1984 is infamous around these partsest1984 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

That is awesome. Put a smile on my face to see that someone could win something like that against the Govt. Good work!

Old 03-25-2010, 09:29 PM
Jalpa_Mike is a jewel in the roughJalpa_Mike is a jewel in the roughJalpa_Mike is a jewel in the rough
Just got my "Front License Plate" waiver/exemption from the State Patrol for the Countach tonight! SWEET!

Old 03-25-2010, 09:43 PM
That's great Mike!

Old 03-25-2010, 10:24 PM
Jalpa_Mike is a jewel in the roughJalpa_Mike is a jewel in the roughJalpa_Mike is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by TommyJames
That's great Mike!
Thanks to you Tom for all the help and advice!

Old 04-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
It pays to drive a Lamborghini! (at least some of them).

Congratulations though, that is awesome!

Old 04-03-2010, 02:03 AM
impulsoren is infamous around these parts
but WSP can't ticket you for no front plate on a CA car
They can still ticket you. The major problem with conservative traffic laws is that the cop on the street continues to have the ability to tell you to "take it up with the court". I have personally provided a police officer with a notice that came with a 4-point harness that said that they were DOT approved in all of the US states, and he said "show it to the judge". It's nice to know you can tell him to stick it up his ***, but the time you spend in court is almost always worth more than the ticket in the first place. As you can tell, I am very bitter over this point.
On one hand, this tells you how worthless some police officers' time is. They are idiots, get paid as idiots, and act like idiots. On the other hand, it tells you how much you ought to pay them to actually fight crime instead of pull over people who are obviously not breaking any law. Pay them reasonably, expect reasonable education and intellectual capacity, and then the ******bags with no insurance, 1/4 pound of meth, and 8 warrants will get pulled over instead of you. How many times do the police catch someone based on their front license plate as a point of evidence anyway? If there is a law, there should be evidence supporting it.

This post is one more towards my total required to reply to PMs. Someone wants to sell me a Ferrari and I can't reply to his PM.
Thanks for listening.

Old 04-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Chipster is infamous around these parts
With my old viper, I used to carry around the rubber mounting thing under the passenger seat and when I got pulled over i'd say "oh crap, I washed the car this morning and forgot to put it back on". They'd make me get out and show them and then let me go. For the diablo, it has nothing on the front and I'm sure as hell not drilling but there is no grill to attach anything so I'll have to take my chances on no front plate.