Received my front plate exemption for the LP670 SV

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 08:53 AM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Received my front plate exemption for the LP670 SV

Hi Everyone,
I got my front plate exemption on the SV. It definitely took some work and the deciding factor was that because there are so few in the country, Lamborghini didn't bother to make a bracket for the US market. They issued a letter that has to be carried with the registration.

They didn't make a mount for the rear either but the European bracket can be modified in the back but apparently not in the front. I wouldn't be able to get the exemption on my Phantom because there are existing photos of others with plates, which proves there is such a thing, even though you have to drill holes in the front bumper, something I won't do as the dealer told me it hurts the value. Front plates are on my other cars as they came ready for plates.

John Eltringham was able to get my front plate ticket tossed on my LP640 so a huge thanks to him. I decided to file because I didn't want to jump through the hoops of getting it tossed again.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:14 AM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
I just pay the $30 whenever I get a ticket for not having a front plate.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Thats great Tom...will get with you this weekend to follow your steps to get one for my SV as well.

Thanks for all your work on this issue.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:25 AM
ed997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to beholded997tt is a splendid one to behold
$178 in Ca.

Originally Posted by teflon_jones
I just pay the $30 whenever I get a ticket for not having a front plate.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:40 AM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Yea, it's way more than $30.00 in Washington and it's considered a moving violation.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by roytoy2003
Thats great Tom...will get with you this weekend to follow your steps to get one for my SV as well.

Thanks for all your work on this issue.
Once a type of car is exempt, I believe they are all exempt, but you have to still obtain the letter. I'll send you the process.

Tom

Old 03-04-2010, 09:46 AM
lawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the rough
nice work tom. i don't think this would go through on a dbs

Old 03-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Yea, the issue is that if there is a front plate bracket, or if it can be easily mounted, it's not exempt. I had to shoot pictures of the front and I also had to provide contact information at Lamborghini that no such bracket exists for the SV. I would not have been able to obtain the same exemption on the LP640 because the factory does have a part number for a US front bracket for both the Murcielago and LP640. With only 43 SVs ever coming to the US, it's just not practical for Lamborghini to make one especially since nobody will ever use it anyway.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:11 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
I hate front license plate, I just hate it,

Old 03-05-2010, 01:04 AM
jj911c2 is infamous around these parts
Nice work Tommy.

Anyone get exemption for an F430?

Old 03-05-2010, 03:00 AM
I think there is a list floating around of exempt cars. I'll see if I can find it. Once a type is exempt, they are all exempt. I doubt the 430 is exempt because someone out there probably has a front plate mounted and that's the key to the exemption.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:52 AM
Island Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of light
I bet you could beat the moving violation in court. That is total BS. That only means thje insurance companies have gotten together with the state to stick it too you. Never head of registration or licensing issue being a moving violation. Not surpriced in this *** backwards state. Where is Dino?

Old 03-07-2010, 08:58 AM
jj911c2 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for checking on the list Tommy. I have seen F430s with front plates (much to my horror!) so it may be tough to get an exception.

I thought the first time you get caught without a front plate you get a warning rather than a moving violation?

Old 03-07-2010, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by jj911c2
Thanks for checking on the list Tommy. I have seen F430s with front plates (much to my horror!) so it may be tough to get an exception.

I thought the first time you get caught without a front plate you get a warning rather than a moving violation?
Nope, no waring and everyone I know who got a ticket got theirs tossed in court. They simply assume people won't bother. It's just not enough of a ticket for anyone to really fight over. The WSP does it because they have become more predatory for revenue sake than safety conscious. They are at 405 and 85th almost every weekend doing nothing but looking for any reason to pull over anyone just to pull in a buck. It's not like that's much of a speed corridor or anything it's just a good place to pull people over.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:06 PM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyJames
Nope, no waring and everyone I know who got a ticket got theirs tossed in court. They simply assume people won't bother. It's just not enough of a ticket for anyone to really fight over. The WSP does it because they have become more predatory for revenue sake than safety conscious. They are at 405 and 85th almost every weekend doing nothing but looking for any reason to pull over anyone just to pull in a buck. It's not like that's much of a speed corridor or anything it's just a good place to pull people over.
really, it's a moving violation? you've got to be kidding me. what a hassle. i have them on all my cars but the 911. damn.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Received my front plate exemption for the LP670 SV