Barrier Audi Service

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 08:58 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
Update on more bad news from Barrier.

My brother took his car in for service, and the next day all the power steering fluid leaked out and the car had to be towed back to Barrier. Every time it goes to Audi Barrier, something always happens. He hasnt had any brake problems since he took the car to indy shop when Audi didn't install the brakes correct.

Best part is he got some crappy 12-13K econ-box car.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:49 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
I've had nothing but good luck with Barrier.

My 2010 S4 is there right now with a failed water pump (a known Audi "recall" but my VIN didn't fall within the "range" so it left me stranded this morning).

Very helpful... even got the service tech's personal cell phone # to stay in touch... I honestly didn't care... just fix it imo.

They called me a few times today to check in/etc... and asked me, "can we wash your car while it's here". That was nice.

I think they're trying hard.. I mean the girl (Diane) who sold me my car back in Jan, was in contact with me within hours of my breakdown. They definitely wanted to make sure I was taken care of.

Everything I would expect plus more. I'm happy... not saying bad things can't happen, but my experience has been good so far.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:12 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DrVolkl
I've had nothing but good luck with Barrier.

My 2010 S4 is there right now with a failed water pump (a known Audi "recall" but my VIN didn't fall within the "range" so it left me stranded this morning).

Very helpful... even got the service tech's personal cell phone # to stay in touch... I honestly didn't care... just fix it imo.

They called me a few times today to check in/etc... and asked me, "can we wash your car while it's here". That was nice.

I think they're trying hard.. I mean the girl (Diane) who sold me my car back in Jan, was in contact with me within hours of my breakdown. They definitely wanted to make sure I was taken care of.

Everything I would expect plus more. I'm happy... not saying bad things can't happen, but my experience has been good so far.
Sorry to bring back an old thread.

Speaking of this girl, Diane M. @ Barrier Audi, I have an interesting story to tell:

I thought I wanted to order an S4 to replace my E55 late last year (Dec 2010), so I started asking around for the best price. Diane was the only one who accepted my offer for a MY2010 S4 custom ordered for invoice + 500. We went over the options multiple times before we confirmed the order (Phantom Black Pearl exterior, Black / Silver two-toned NAPPA leather interior, and every packages + options). She confirmed that my order was in and the car will be in bound in late March, early April.

We remained in contact over the next couple months and I was informed that my car has finally finished production and it was in-bound on a boat. Expected delivery is about 2 weeks at that point. She gave me the order sheet of the car and I immediately noticed that the NAPPA LEATHER option was missing on my order. I contacted her immediately and she was not sure whether it was ordered. Later, after a few phone calls, she confirmed that the car indeed did not have the nappa leather. Instead, it came with Alcantara inserts. Normally, I would be ok with that, but given my wife's strange qualms about Alcantara, I was not allowed to buy a car with Alcantara interior. I told her that I won't be accepting the delivery since it wasn't the car that I ordered. To her credit, she asked the service department if there is a way to retrofit the leather (of course not!). She pushed me a couple times saying that the car has so many options, it won't sell for a long time. However, I stood firm and the car eventually sold QUICKLY. There was some half-hearted apologies, but there was no offers to re-order the car or any form of compensation (e.g. early MY2011 delivery) for wasting my time.

Fast forward to August, I was once again looking for a replacement vehicle for my E55 AMG. I decided to give Barrier Audi another chance. So I got in touch with Diane again telling her that I am interested in re-ordering an MY2011 S4. I also reminded her that since they screwed up my order earlier in the year that I would like to order the car at invoice as a way of compensation. However, what I got in the email was nothing but attitude. She stated that she wants invoice + 800 (WTF!? now you want more money than what we previously agreed upon!?) because the demand for this car is so high (she said she delivered 3 that weekend). To compensate for the higher price, she said she MIGHT be able to find me an earlier build spot. I politely told her to go fly a kite.

It's a shame that Barrier Audi and its sales team would not own up to their own mistakes.

On a different note, I have to thank them for their poor service that I am now driving my C4S! Your loss, my gain.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:52 AM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
3? Ha! I highly doubt it.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:52 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Oh wow,,, you know,,, sometimes make you wonder, is it really that difficult to order the correct options? You would think it would be pretty easy job, unless the person who orders have no idea of what's going on, at the same time that kindda person shouldn't be working @ that car dealer.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:52 PM
BritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to behold
Invoice +800 on an S4 is a screaming deal. Funnily enough, I *almost* bought the car that you ordered -- I *loved* the alcantara inserts, the car was perfect. I can tell you straight-up that the deal I was offered on that car was *nowhere* near invoice..

I have dealt with Diane in the past and have been very impressed with her professionalism.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:25 AM
RF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really niceRF5BPilot is just really nice
Do the individual sales people approve offers like "invoice + $500"? Or is she having to parrot the decisions made by someone she reports to?

Old 09-18-2011, 02:27 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BritBlaster
Invoice +800 on an S4 is a screaming deal. Funnily enough, I *almost* bought the car that you ordered -- I *loved* the alcantara inserts, the car was perfect. I can tell you straight-up that the deal I was offered on that car was *nowhere* near invoice..

I have dealt with Diane in the past and have been very impressed with her professionalism.
I agree. It's still a smoking deal, but principle is principle. Plus, I found the C4S that I wanted from 2 years ago, so that made my choice easy. Diane has been professional throughout, but it would be nice for them to catch the error earlier on.

Originally Posted by RF5BPilot
Do the individual sales people approve offers like "invoice + $500"? Or is she having to parrot the decisions made by someone she reports to?
Probably have to be approved by the sales manager. If Diane told me her sales manager refused to make things right, I would have called him / her myself to have them make things right, but I was not given that option.

Originally Posted by pcst
Oh wow,,, you know,,, sometimes make you wonder, is it really that difficult to order the correct options? You would think it would be pretty easy job, unless the person who orders have no idea of what's going on, at the same time that kindda person shouldn't be working @ that car dealer.
Kinda weird if you ask me, but since I got my new P-car and enjoying it every second, I have no regrets.