Another naughty NW driver

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 07:55 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by roytoy2003
LOL actually my first car was a 1978 Pontiac Gran Prix..DANG that car floated all over the raod...when I left I was in the Ford Crown Victoria...Yea now that was a frikn BOAT... They were know as a "vicky" on the Depts...cause they looked pretty but went no where..

The best I had was my Dodge Diplomat with the Police interceptor.now that was a great patrol car..
Roy you just may have been the first person in history to refer to the Dodge Diplomat as a "great car."

Old 03-25-2010, 08:11 PM
NVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to behold
This is stoopid. A mazda... I dunno, maybe. But c'mon - 110 MPH in a good car (Porsche, BMW, Vette, etc.) is nothing on an open, non-busy freeway. I don't get the media frenzy.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:37 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
A few things..
snip
IS it really worth it..??
Point taken. Thanks for the info on training.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:25 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
Another one.......

Damn you get some good weather in the NW and people go crazy!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...arrest24m.html

Old 03-26-2010, 12:57 AM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rossii

i think he was driving an enzo

Old 03-26-2010, 05:28 AM
NVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to beholdNVRENUF is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by rossii

Crazy thing is... I was in Seattle last Saturday, same day as above article. It was sunny and a beautiful day. I flew up just for the day to inspect/look at a modded 996TT I am purchasing. I must admit, we hit well over 100 MPH on the floating bridge and other places We had one motorist in a prius pull up behind us at a light and honked 10 times at us trying to make a point. Glad I didn't get arrested and miss my flight home

Old 04-05-2010, 09:12 AM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
funny....

A few things..yes I was a cop for 11 years..and first off I can say, and still today as I have numerous friends in the Dept today. The "Police" car is no different than a standard off the lot car, yes roll bar (cage), a better tire then normal..but that is really all. For training, when you first come one..one week of EVOC at WSP academy in Shelton..then, depending on the dept..if your lucky 2 hours a year..if that.

When I left in 1991, more and more depts were going to the no chase policy UNLESS there was info of a Felony had recently been committed by the person to give chase to...WHY>>?

Becuase it is JUST NOT worth the life of INNOCENT Citizens as well as the Officer to give chase for a minor traffic infraction...and YES 110 in a 60 is MINOR..thats why he only got a "Civil Infraction" monatery ticket and did not go to jail.

So is it worth it..? Each Dept and Officer has to make the choice..currently WSP still has the policy to chase anyting and everything...which IMO is wrong...sure activate your lights, try for a bit..but to get up to high speed for OVER 3 miles to catch a "possible" major offender..HELL NO>

I think you would sing a differnt song if it was you are your family entering the 405 at that time and get side cipped by the tropper..with just injury..GOD forbid you or they lost their life..

In todays world of easy lawsuits and such...a minor speed violation like this under these conditions does not warrant the risk involved to attempt to collect $400 bucks..

Sure, he could have just robbed and raped someone in Kirkland..but years and years of studies by Depts show that is not the norm, nor even a remote pct of offenses caught by Patrol..that is why MOST all City and County, (not the WSP) have a no chase policy..

AND have you even thought of what have happened had the officer lost control and died, JUST loike the WSP tropper a few years ago racing down the I-90 on Mercer Island in his WSP Motorcycle..

FIRST terrible for what he leaves behind..but after the dust settles..we the tax payers are paying for his short ended life in pay out to the family in the form of death benefits for a long long time...and the speeder in this case..yea, he was stopped and ended up with a minor "speeding" infraction..

IS it really worth it..??
agreed...

was stopped 2 years ago by some yayhoo who "claimed" to be chasing me for something like 10+ miles @ 90+mph --

#1 the insinuation was ridiculous in the first place -- ticket dismissed
#2 the worst kind of police officer is the one who doesn't know how to use his radio and uses the badge as a license for personal thrills @ the expense of public safety.
#3 the best officers are those who remain completely calm and no one can maintain that professional demeanor while in a racing match with a potential violator