Finally got to see how the laser jammer works!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 11:08 AM
DrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura about
Finally got to see how the laser jammer works!

I have the 9500ci on the Vantage. I was going to my office in Issaquah, very early in the morning. Turned onto Gilman blvd and started to accelerate... detector goes off, I see a motorcycle cop on my right. He pulls out, (no lights) and rides along side me for a half mile or so, then takes off. I'm guessing he was looking for the jammers? Funny how such a small incident can start my morning off so well

Old 03-28-2010, 11:52 AM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
Glad to hear a happy ending, and you didn’t even say Jag’s name! Who did your install?

Old 03-28-2010, 12:02 PM
DrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura aboutDrScoles has a spectacular aura about
Benchmark. I had them do the radar, bluetooth and ipod at the same time. AM uses fiber optics in their stereos, PIA to add things. They made an enclosure for the display, turned out really nice.

Attached Images   
Old 03-28-2010, 01:32 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by DrScoles
I'm guessing he was looking for the jammers?

Nice! glad it worked out as expected!

Just out of curiosity how would they look for the jammer in your car, other than pull you over to search for the parts?

Old 03-28-2010, 02:33 PM
Roberga is infamous around these parts
It is my understanding they have no legal authority regarding jammers. The government can control radio frequency but can not do the same for light waves. Is that correct or not?

Old 03-28-2010, 02:47 PM
I got a ticket last year in my M3. I had the 9500i in the windshield, cop was a jerk, looked at the radar detector and goes, "you're gonna need jammers to beat me" Then he told me if he saw me again, he would give me a ticket for the lack of front plate. They are definitely aware of the technology.

The jammers are on the rear license plate, the ones in front are completely hidden. I think some cars would have to mount them in a visible spot on the front.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:53 PM
I have been lucky 1 ticket in 15 years. Got it last month on 5. The track saves me from the need to go fast on the street. Still hard to resist sometimes.

Old 03-28-2010, 03:07 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
It is illegal in some states to have laser jammers. South Carolina is one of them IIRC. Not about controling the light spectrum it is about interference with law enforcement. Mainly their ability to make money from tickets

Old 03-28-2010, 03:13 PM
We are in the clear out here. Does that mean you can not purchase a jammer and have it installed in those states?

Old 03-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Roberga
We are in the clear out here. Does that mean you can not purchase a jammer and have it installed in those states?

You can still buy them online and have them shipped, but they can tell when their detector gets jammed and pull you over anyways. I believe that they can confiscate the jammer and give you a ticket, but don't hold me to that. I am sure that it varies state to state.

Old 03-28-2010, 03:20 PM
glad I am in Seattle. We have a very good shop that installs. I know someone that they installed it in a CGT. Lifted the body off the chassis to avoid drilling holes in the carbon panels. It works great! Produces an error #4 on the source.

Old 03-28-2010, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Roberga
glad I am in Seattle. We have a very good shop that installs. I know someone that they installed it in a CGT. Lifted the body off the chassis to avoid drilling holes in the carbon panels. It works great! Produces an error #4 on the source.
Ha Ha I love the concept of how these work. Plus the fact that they are still legal in most states. Wish that I had one.

Old 03-28-2010, 03:58 PM
I don't even know why I got the whole thing installed, I rarely speed, I know where the cops are on my normal routes... I just like the technology I guess... In two years of having laser detectors, its only been triggered 5-6 times. And one of them I got a ticket!

Old 03-28-2010, 05:10 PM
You bought it for the same reason you have that wonderful car. Yea, I got my ticket in one of the places where they sit all the time. i know they are there but spaced out. The places where the detectors help me most are the 25-40 mph roads. North on Front going under I 90.

Old 03-28-2010, 05:53 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
These days they will ticket for 5MPH over... Or less...

The jammers are just a sound investment, even if you rarely exceed the posted limit. The 5MPH changes happen all over the place and it would be easy to get tripped up by one of them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Finally got to see how the laser jammer works!