So my car got hit....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 03:44 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
So my car got hit....

Well, I made a thread that my car got hit. I never got around to fixing it, only a temp fix when I had it color sanded for it not to be noticeable. Anyway, my friends and I went out to lunch, we park and have one empty spot between us. While we're eating, I notice people are looking at my car, and my friends start joking that they are checking it out. But they stay there, so I go out and asks them whats up, and they told me they hit my car. Long story short, they messed up my bumper and fender big time!

I'm pointing at the dents on the fender, which is also messed up.

Also, should I call my insurance and have them go after the guys insurance, or should I take it to the body shop and have them deal with it? I took it to Hinshaws Auto Body last time, and would like to take it back there again because they did a perfect color match and polish!

Old 04-23-2010, 05:22 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
Also, anyone recommend other body shops? I'm thinking about taking it to Haury's Lake City Collision because its closer..

Old 04-23-2010, 07:07 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Haury's does great work. Bel-Red in Lynnwood is also excellent.

John

Old 04-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Yeah, I'm just going to take it to Haurys. I hope I get the M3 loaner, but I know that wont happen

Old 04-23-2010, 08:27 PM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
very sorry to hear about that. i'm a big advocate of making sure you don't end up with a carfax report of damage on your car regardless of where you take it. my wife's ML 350 had a minor repair and that damn carfax makes people think it was really hammered.

i've had exceptional work done by steve and team at Queen City in Redmond. looks like it's a long way from you but they are really very good.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:34 PM
I'm not worried about the Carfax because I dont intend on selling the car for at least another 6-8 years. Going to use it till I'm done with school.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:33 PM
cbzzoom is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by brendo
very sorry to hear about that. i'm a big advocate of making sure you don't end up with a carfax report of damage on your car regardless of where you take it. my wife's ML 350 had a minor repair and that damn carfax makes people think it was really hammered.
Damn that's a good point, I never thought about the fact that reporting anything these guys goes on carfax, and it doesn't have any information with it on carfax just that it was an accident with repairs.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:22 PM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
about 30% of organizations report to carfax. that means if you have an accident report, you're really in the minority but it doesn't mean much if you got a good repair.

basically, it's just a big red flag telling people not to buy your car because the underreporting is so severe.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:49 PM
Took it to Haurys today, got a quote for 3K