BMW M5 - checklist

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 10:47 PM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
BMW M5 - checklist

So things have picked up recently in my car search and I need a hand with two items if you can.

1) First is a recommendation on a place to get a good PPI on an 2008 M5.

2) Second, does anyone have a link to some spot on a forum (I've looked around the M5board but that doesn't mean I found everything they might have) that I can look at a list of key things to checkout on an M5 before buying it?

I'm hoping to have the car in the driveway this week.

Thank you to everyone that's weighed in on this search over the past 2-3 months. Your friendship is very much appriecated.

Trevor

Old 04-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Trevor,
Check out Broad Stroke Associates. They are just around the corner from us on Hwy 9 and 164th.
[FONT='Times New Roman', Times, serif]16326 State Route 9[/FONT][FONT='Times New Roman', Times, serif]Snohomish, WA 98296[/FONT]

You can google them for their website. Parker has the blue M3 that he brought out to ERTC last year. They have good pricing on inspection 1 & 2 costs, so a PPI should be pretty straight forward.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks James.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:04 PM
Busta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud of
Trevor, I have absolutely zero value to add to this thread and purely selfish reasons for wishing you good luck with the potential purchase. Can't wait to see you in the driver's seat..with me in the passenger seat. Woot!

Seriously, wish I could help out with a laundry list of things to look for, other than 4 tires, a steering wheel, and a go pedal. With the late model cars (especially one still within its warranty period), I don't think you can go wrong with a PPI from the stealership. Not many independents that would know those cars as well as the certified techs. Post pics stat if/when you get it.

Edit: I can vouch for Parker. He is a former tech at BMW Seattle and would probably be qualified to do the PPI.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:46 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
if you are more inclined to go to the dealership -- I would contact Alex Long at BMW Seattle and ask him if he can have their tech Jeremy look at it...

As the car is under warranty would not a PPI at a dealership that you are not buying the car from be good? if there are any warranty issues, they can just handle them while it is there...

Alex works thurs thru sat.

what a motor in that car -- good luck!

Old 04-27-2010, 06:29 PM
BuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant future
I agree with PJ for a car under warranty! I am a regular customer of Parker's and he is the only person that works on my car. Well other then me and when I mess something up Parker is always willing to fix it and make it right!

Old 04-27-2010, 09:23 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
You can also try Eastside Bavarian for the PPI

Old 04-27-2010, 10:47 PM
Thanks guys.

The negoitations have begun so I'll keep you posted.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:27 PM
Purchase tomorrow.

To those that have helped along the way, thanks.

For those with nothing better to do, I'll be heading to Park Place to pick up the car tomorrow. I'm buying it contingent on the PPI at Broad Stroke. I'm driving the car from PPL to the shop on HWY 9 tomorrow afternoon.

Then it's to the house, in a tux, and out for the night being social. I have this feeling I won't want to stay at the gala too long?

Just a feeling though.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
What time will you be at Broad Stroke? I'll meet you there....

Old 04-29-2010, 11:29 PM
CrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond reputeCrazyRuskie has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the purchase, lets hope the PPI is good and your experience with PP is good.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:47 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bleu Omdurman
Purchase tomorrow.

To those that have helped along the way, thanks.

For those with nothing better to do, I'll be heading to Park Place to pick up the car tomorrow. I'm buying it contingent on the PPI at Broad Stroke. I'm driving the car from PPL to the shop on HWY 9 tomorrow afternoon.

Then it's to the house, in a tux, and out for the night being social. I have this feeling I won't want to stay at the gala too long?

Just a feeling though.
What time do you plan to be at Park Place to pick up your car?

Old 04-29-2010, 11:53 PM
BuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant future
Shoot me a call as you leave PP. I will run up to Parker's to check it out. There is a great spot almost across the street from him called Mongo's where we could grab a bite.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:28 PM
I'm leaving the office now (in the next 10 minutes anyway) for PPL. I may grab lunch on the east side near there.

Ryan is trying to have the car ready at 2pm. Between now and then, I'm trying to eat and go over the paper work. Then a few of us are heading up to Broad Stroke where I'm having the PPI done.

I'm buying the car today, contingent upon a positive PPI. Seattle BMW is going to do the warrantee work.

Trevor

Jason - iPhone for me so email my work address or text me. I think you have my phone number?

Old 04-30-2010, 06:22 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Congratulations, Trevor on your newest acquisition. She's gorgeous!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BMW M5 - checklist