Can someone school me in the ways of a 2009 911 Turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 02:20 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Hot Shot
Personally, I'd rather go with an earlier year and save the money for mods. A few bolts on will get you well over the power of a new 2010 model. Some simple suspension work will get you better handling as well....

Judging by your NSX, I'd say your open to mods too?
Yeah... no doubt there. I've had my S4 for 3 months and it already has an intake, full exhaust (with down pipes) and rims/tires on the way as well as numerous other little bolt ons (short shifter, boost gauge, tint etc). Not bad for a car with hardly any aftermarket support.

However, that being said, I'm starting to think my next weekend/dream car should spend more time being driven and less being tweaked. I'd love to get something so awesome from the factory that it needs nothing. I think I'm beginning to zero in on the 997... as much as I swore I never would do, here I am. It's just logical at this point. Two doors, 4 seats, open top, fast as hell, looks to match. What else is there?

Old 05-13-2010, 08:36 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
LOL, you WILL MOD the 911! Trust, me, you will. I see wheels in about 2-3 months, then a exhaust a little after that, then an intake, & finally a ECU flash.

That being said, just a simple intake, exhaust & flash, will put you well beyond the 500hp mark! Porsches sound like no other, it is addicting, really the stock exhaust is a bit lacking in sound, unless you are WOT, in a turbo, that is SCARY, & very illegal.

In my mind, it all comes down to what you want when, & how much. If you got to have the newest & "best" then get the 2010. But if you want what 90-95% of that car for around 1/2 the cost, get the 2008.

If the new one was really THAT much better, then I know a few guys on here would trade in their earlier one for it.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:32 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
I have had my 2008 997TT for just over two years now, with 11,500 miles on it now (I do not get to drive it near enough!!!). Jason helped me spend lots of money building my dream car - he was the best helping make sure I had all the necessary options. It is perfect - I smile everytime I sit in my car. I do a neurotic cleaning on mine nearly every weekend - I baby it and plan on keeping it forever. This is my third Porsche and it was worth every cent. We will all have ours at the Exotics at Redmond Town Center on 6/5 if you want a closer look at any of ours!

Good luck and can't wait to see it when you get one!

Old 05-18-2010, 12:41 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by gretapass
I have had my 2008 997TT for just over two years now, with 11,500 miles on it now (I do not get to drive it near enough!!!). Jason helped me spend lots of money building my dream car - he was the best helping make sure I had all the necessary options. It is perfect - I smile everytime I sit in my car. I do a neurotic cleaning on mine nearly every weekend - I baby it and plan on keeping it forever. This is my third Porsche and it was worth every cent. We will all have ours at the Exotics at Redmond Town Center on 6/5 if you want a closer look at any of ours!

Good luck and can't wait to see it when you get one!
Thanks! I'm actually in negotiations now. We'll see.... I'm not sure what sort of #'s are going to come up. I'm probably going to have to sell my NSX first vs trading it in. I've done so many mods to the car that I'd be rather dumb to not take some of them off and return the car to a more stock form, since it will be worth about the same anyhow. That being said, if they make me an offer I can't refuse.... well, I'll post pics. lol

Old 05-19-2010, 09:01 AM
cozmo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DrVolkl
Thanks! I'm actually in negotiations now. We'll see.... I'm not sure what sort of #'s are going to come up. I'm probably going to have to sell my NSX first vs trading it in. I've done so many mods to the car that I'd be rather dumb to not take some of them off and return the car to a more stock form, since it will be worth about the same anyhow. That being said, if they make me an offer I can't refuse.... well, I'll post pics. lol
Say it ain't so doc! Actually Atomic80's blue 997 turbo gives me serious car lust.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by cozmo
Say it ain't so doc! Actually Atomic80's blue 997 turbo gives me serious car lust.

Just ready for something new. I've had NSX's for 5 years now. That's crazy! lol

It's a bit of a long shot anyhow, but the dealer has a local guy here in Seattle who is going to check my NSX out to determine value. If the #'s all work out, I'll do it, if not, I'll wait till next winter/spring to make my move. No rush!

Old 05-20-2010, 09:38 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DrVolkl
Just ready for something new. I've had NSX's for 5 years now. That's crazy! lol

It's a bit of a long shot anyhow, but the dealer has a local guy here in Seattle who is going to check my NSX out to determine value. If the #'s all work out, I'll do it, if not, I'll wait till next winter/spring to make my move. No rush!
Guess the interior is not going to get done? You will not get what your NSX is worth form the dealer. It's to nice, & to modified.

Old 05-20-2010, 12:21 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Just some food for thought. When I read this, I went wow.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000..._RecentColumns

Old 05-20-2010, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Stealth 993
Guess the interior is not going to get done? You will not get what your NSX is worth form the dealer. It's to nice, & to modified.
I got a full refund on the interior just the other day... I guess he "heard" I wasn't happy... so that was cool.

I know I won't get what my car is worth, but if they can make the #'s close enough I won't bother trying to sell it on my own. Just not worth the effort... if they want to rape me, then I'll pass. The thought of having to de-mod the car really doesn't sit well with me. Sure, I can swap a few things out quickly, but beyond that, forget it... I'd rather let it go as is.

The NSX isn't decreasing in value, so there's no need for me to be hasty. The 911 however has plenty of room to drop over the next year. So how bad to I really want to drive it this summer? We'll soon find out. lol

Thanks for that article wOOt!

Old 05-20-2010, 05:35 PM
Well if there's no for sale ad up on prime you must not be serious.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by cozmo
Well if there's no for sale ad up on prime you must not be serious.
Lol... yeah, it'll be up there if this deal doesn't happen... after I enjoy it for a few more months!

Last edited by DrVolkl; 05-20-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:23 PM
You'll have to take me for a spin if you get a 997 turbo.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:34 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Me too.

Old 05-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
How much would you sell your NSX for?

Old 05-21-2010, 02:19 PM
I want your steering wheel!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can someone school me in the ways of a 2009 911 Turbo?