Can someone school me in the ways of a 2009 911 Turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 02:52 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
lol... damn buzzards are already circling! This is why I haven't posted on prime... don't need a ton of emails/low ball offers/etc etc. Part of the attractiveness of "trading it in", as well as the tax break.

I may talk to Cats Exotics and see what they can do. I think the only parts I'm going to take off the car and sell is the CF Type R Hood and the CF fan attachment that goes with the hood.

I also have the FIC with A-pillar gauges to install, plus I was going to do the timing belt/water pump in the next month or so. Honestly I'm about to drop probably another ~$5k on it... so who knows.

As for asking price, I'd have to do some research but somewhere ~$60k is probably where I'd list it at, being a 2003 with 33k miles. It's probably worth closer to 70-75 with all the stuff I've done, but of course most mods you get nothing back on. The Comptech SC and exhaust etc is probably the only things that hold value on these.... plus the CF stuff I've done on the interior.

If I stripped it all down to stock, I'd ask $50k and I'm pretty confident I could get that pretty quickly.

Just the SC and the rims/tires alone add up to $15k. (my cost of course)

Old 05-26-2010, 10:50 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Thanks everyone!!! It really helped!!

I need to re-arrange my garage space now... and perhaps change some pictures/banners.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:54 PM
cozmo is infamous around these parts
Wow nice! Congrats on the new toy.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:42 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Awesome color. Congrats.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:01 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Love Nordic Gold. She's a beaut! Congratulations! Whatever happened to the NSX? Did you end up parting her out and selling her or sold her as is?

Old 05-27-2010, 12:19 AM
Originally Posted by atomic80
Love Nordic Gold. She's a beaut! Congratulations! Whatever happened to the NSX? Did you end up parting her out and selling her or sold her as is?
Sold it as is... that was part of the "deal". I didn't do too bad, I didn't do as good as I could have but oh well, such is the life of a modded car.

I'm a big fan of 911's in unusual colors.. this one is pretty striking. I'll try and bring it Sat. morning if the cars/coffee thing happens. I don't think a lot of people like this color, but oh well, not my problem!

Came over from Spokane today so it's really dirty. The story goes that the owner traded it in because his 2011 Turbo S is about to be delivered (that must be nice!). It only has 4600 miles on it...

Old 05-27-2010, 12:21 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
That driveway looks really steep. Are you able to get in/out without scraping the front lip? And man..it must have sat outside for a while, the rotors look really rusted!

I don't know about the others but I LOVE the color too.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by atomic80
That driveway looks really steep. Are you able to get in/out without scraping the front lip? And man..it must have sat outside for a while, the rotors look really rusted!

I don't know about the others but I LOVE the color too.
That's the neighbors driveway across the street from me... not that mine is a whole lot better... but taken at an angle, the NSX always made it. I don't think this car is any lower. It at least made it into the garage! I hope it's not permanently stuck there!

Yeah, that rust came right off just pulling it off the flatbed and into the new home. I guess it doesn't take much? The calipers are gigantic, painted red.. and the rotors are cross drilled. Is that stock on Turbo's?

Old 05-27-2010, 12:30 AM
Yes, cross drilled steel rotors are stock hence the reason for the rusting. I have ceramics on mine so they don't rust at all and if you can believe it, they're even bigger!

I'm glad to hear that you don't have a steep driveway after all. That would really suck!

Old 05-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome! Congrats, it's a nice looking 997. Can't beleive you sold the NSX!

Old 05-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Grouse is infamous around these parts
Nice eric. very nice. I love the color!

Old 05-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by Grouse
Nice eric. very nice. I love the color!
I'll probably be seeing you soon.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:21 AM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
Congrats on the awesome new car!

Nordic Gold is absolutely stunning!

Old 05-28-2010, 10:04 AM
Thanks everyone! This is going to be quite the learning curve. I have little to no knowledge of this platform.

Having owned NSX's for 5+ years, I had gotten really comfortable with my weekend car.... I knew it inside and out, knew all the aftermarket stuff, people within the circle, etc etc.

Now I have to start all over. It's a little overwhelming!

I already ordered a car cover and valentine 1. Lol... that's as far as I've gotten.

I need someone to tell me how to get a front plate on this thing. I don't want to play that game again. Are there any options that look decent? Should I just swing by Barrier and have them install the factory bracket?

I love how this car drives... now if the weather would just cooperate!

Old 05-28-2010, 10:11 AM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Congrats! 911 Turbo is one solid machine!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can someone school me in the ways of a 2009 911 Turbo?