Can someone school me in the ways of a 2009 911 Turbo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 02:06 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DrVolkl
After all those exhaust clips I think i'll go AWE or Milltek (like my S4)... but yours sounds fantastic. This is kinda like owning a boat or having an ex-wife, isn't it.... just throw money at it and hope it treats you well.
I'd suggest you avoid AWE. Their systems tend to leak a bit after a time.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:38 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by atomic80
I'd suggest you avoid AWE. Their systems tend to leak a bit after a time.
Yeah, we need to talk for sure. I'll run by some ideas by ya before I start going to far with the car... it always helps to have an "expert"!

Old 05-29-2010, 07:29 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Oh...and you asked about the updated running lights...well, I don't know yet. I'm waiting for someone else to try seeing if the LED foglights fit the pre 2010 Turbos before jumping the gun.
Have you seen the conversion set from Vivid Racing? I think I may do something like that... very "Audi" like.

Also, I have the sport chrono package... what's all this overboost talk and how do I access it? Is it only on the new 2010 models?

Ok, have had the car 3 days... ordered:
Valentine 1 radar
indoor car cover
a few key chains
smoked turn signals
Hoen Fogs and driving leds
CF rear spoiler
CF mirror covers

I really need to stop. I'm already eyeing up some rims! Must resist temptation...

What are your thoughts on cold air intakes, manifolds, intercoolers, etc?
Anything else I should be doing right away?

Last edited by DrVolkl; 05-29-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:34 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I've resisted all power mods other than the IPD plenum and cargraphic exhaust. The car already has enough power for my needs.

Instead, I focused on the suspension modifications and got the Bilstein coilovers, H&R sways and Tarett droplinks. I think I saw you post over in that other thread by Brent about his horror story with those coilovers. I was lucky I guess in the sense that mine didn't break!

Sport chrono is easy to access...just hit the sport button and when you punch it, you should see an "up" arrow in your center tach indicating that overboost mode is operating. It only lasts 10 seconds at a time though. I believe it "resets" itself as soon as you let off the throttle completely.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:41 PM
I've resisted all power mods other than the IPD plenum and cargraphic exhaust. The car already has enough power for my needs.

Instead, I focused on the suspension modifications and got the Bilstein coilovers, H&R sways and Tarett droplinks. I think I saw you post over in that other thread by Brent about his horror story with those coilovers. I was lucky I guess in the sense that mine didn't break!

Sport chrono is easy to access...just hit the sport button and when you punch it, you should see an "up" arrow in your center tach indicating that overboost mode is operating. It only lasts 10 seconds at a time though. I believe it "resets" itself as soon as you let off the throttle completely.
Do you have any pics of the IPD plenum? Does it look any different or is it just smoother inside?

Old 05-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by DrVolkl
Do you have any pics of the IPD plenum? Does it look any different or is it just smoother inside?
OEM is black plastic. IPD is cast metal.

OEM

Inside

Another view

IPD

Inside

Another view

IPD plenum installed

Old 05-29-2010, 07:57 PM
OEM is black plastic. IPD is cast metal.

OEM
ok... gains? cost? Where'd you get it from and how hard is it to install?

Old 05-29-2010, 08:23 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
IPD Plenum is some of the best bang for your buck. BBi Autosport in Huntington Beach also makes a great exhaust for that car.

Let us know if we can install some paint protection film, and seal the paint for you.

John

Old 05-29-2010, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by detailjohn
IPD Plenum is some of the best bang for your buck. BBi Autosport in Huntington Beach also makes a great exhaust for that car.

Let us know if we can install some paint protection film, and seal the paint for you.

John
I had Cantrell Motorsport install it for me and originally bought it from RSS (Road Sport Supply) in California.

I believe that the car already has a film on it as he mentioned earlier in this thread.

Old 05-29-2010, 11:23 PM
I had Cantrell Motorsport install it for me and originally bought it from RSS (Road Sport Supply) in California.

I believe that the car already has a film on it as he mentioned earlier in this thread.
Yeah thanks! Just contacted Vivid Racing... they were trying to move the IPD a bit ago. I'll see if they still are.

Did I mention I "get the Porsche thing" now? Holy cow.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:23 PM
Latest pic... got some carbon goodies as well. Waiting on other "stuff". I love this car!

Old 06-03-2010, 04:25 PM
Busta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud of
I'm late to the game, but congrats on the new addition. Great color too. You don't see too many turbo cabs and I have never seen that color on the road. Be careful about spending time with JT. Larry is right, he will spend your money for your Turbo faster than you can blink an eye! You are right, you have to drive one to understand the allure of a p-car.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by Busta Rib
I'm late to the game, but congrats on the new addition. Great color too. You don't see too many turbo cabs and I have never seen that color on the road. Be careful about spending time with JT. Larry is right, he will spend your money for your Turbo faster than you can blink an eye! You are right, you have to drive one to understand the allure of a p-car.
Who me?