Whats wrong with Seattle!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 09:06 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Good point PJ. IF there is traffic then that is worse for the environment than cars getting to their destinations in a timely matter.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:55 AM
speedneed is a jewel in the roughspeedneed is a jewel in the roughspeedneed is a jewel in the rough
just get along like those wonderful people...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjrEQaG5jPM

Old 05-14-2010, 10:22 AM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
The problem with Seattle is it is awash in political correctness, which is defined as a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:38 AM
PWR2LBS has a spectacular aura aboutPWR2LBS has a spectacular aura about
I think road cyclist should have to pass a test and get a license to pedal in traffic. My personal favorite is finally getting passed one that is 5 feet off the side walk, then catching a red light, then watch them work there way to the front of the light ahead of me, and starting the process all over again!!!

Old 05-20-2010, 02:54 PM
cozmo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PWR2LBS
I think road cyclist should have to pass a test and get a license to pedal in traffic. My personal favorite is finally getting passed one that is 5 feet off the side walk, then catching a red light, then watch them work there way to the front of the light ahead of me, and starting the process all over again!!!
Oh man that makes me crazy.

The other day there was a cyclist in their own bike lane but the car in front of me was afraid to pass them. Finally after a few blocks they decided to pass, and they swerved ALL THE WAY into the oncoming lane to go around. I couldn't believe it. I veered to the left a foot or so to go around. I think that was the first time that a cyclist and I could agree on who the idiot in the situation was. :P

Last edited by cozmo; 05-20-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:35 AM
seattle_s4 is infamous around these partsseattle_s4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by PWR2LBS

Agreed! A license should be required. My fav is when cyclists decide to be a car one second, and then a pedestrian the next (using cross walks and generally ignoring red lights) whenever it is convinient for them. If you want to share the road, then follow the rules of the road.

Old 11-10-2010, 05:35 PM
twinturbos is infamous around these parts
Hell yes brother! Bicyclists should get an endorsement on their license, pass a test that shows they know road rules, have plates for their bike and renew tabs. If they run a red light, they should get a ticket in the mail just like the rest of us! Eat it, Greeners!

Old 11-10-2010, 05:54 PM
jwhipple is just really nicejwhipple is just really nicejwhipple is just really nicejwhipple is just really nicejwhipple is just really nice
they should also be required to carry insurance and plates... they hit cars often as they try to get to the front of a light.. and get away with out paying any damage because there is no way to identify them, why are they immune when other people on the road aren't? I think bikes are responsible for more hit and runs than any cars...

Old 11-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
I almost hit a biker the other day. I decided to let him move from the middle of the road to the shoulder though. If someone will make bicyclist vinyl shapes, we can start a contest and build rep with who can get the most put up on their windshield.

Old 11-12-2010, 02:32 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by grambo
Also, I find it amusing that eastsiders are complaining about traffic on one little street in Seattle, when driving anywhere in Bellevue or Kirkland takes forever unless it's the middle of the night.
No it doesnt, just don't take 405. I go from I-90 and take Bellevue Way exit.

Driving on 405 in Bellevue around 4-5 is

Old 11-12-2010, 02:37 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
I got stuck behind a guy on a bike in the middle of the street. I honked at him and he flipped me off. Also on Newport they built bikes their own lane with cement barriers so cars don't drive on the shoulder, yet they still ride in the middle or the side of the road.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:46 AM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Living in downtown now, all I can say is that they (the city government) have no clue what "downtown" is actually like. The live in Greenlake/Magnolia/West Seattle, and want the entire city to be shaped into the hippie mecca that they dream of...

Look at the money that they are blowing on "Green Street" projects. Reducing the number of lanes in order to add trees and bushes in the middle of the road on Terry Ave and in Belltown... Screw the trees and the bushes. Fill in some of the damn potholes that are going to have them paying for a new rim and tire for my car... But unfortunately, pictures of smooth pavement and money saved not paying motorists claims doesn't sit well on the city website. McMoron wants photo ops and puff piece about how much he's beautifying the city...

I honestly believe that a class of tenth graders could do a better job than our city management most of the time. Decisions based upon common freaking sense...

We do not need to make Nickerson (an already crowded street at many times of the day) even worse by reducing the lanes for people in cars. As much as they try to ram this bike-crap down everyone's throats, a majority of people still choose to start their car and drive to work rather than suit up in their unitard and cycle.

Old 11-14-2010, 05:26 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
^ yes!!!!!

Old 11-16-2010, 05:13 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Bikers Rule!

Old 11-17-2010, 11:27 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
I agree Mark... just not on Elliot Ave in Seattle :-)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with Seattle!?