Metropolitan Detail Porsche GT3RS Full Body Wrap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 03:22 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Metropolitan Detail Porsche GT3RS Full Body Wrap

This recently purchased GT3RS came to us with an old 3M Clear Mask on the front end. It was well worn, and needed replacement. This time however, our customer opted to wrap the entire vehicle, since it will be spending a lot of time on the racetrack. The old 3M was peeled off, and replaced with Venture Shield, then sealed with Nanoskin Hydrophobic and SHIELD. In these first few pics. you will see how the door panels have been removed so we can remove the door handles, and wrap the film inside to make a seamless installation. You can see the film is going down.

John

Attached Images      
Old 05-28-2010, 03:24 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Further disassembly is done removing marker lights.

Attached Images      
Old 05-28-2010, 03:25 PM
Former Vendor
The finished product. Door handles are put back into place. You can't see the film standing right next to it. Thanks for looking.

John

Attached Images     
Old 05-28-2010, 03:50 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Is this PJ's? Sure looks like it. You guys actually went that far and removed the rear bumper too! Impressive how far you guys are willing to go for that perfect installation!

Old 05-28-2010, 06:23 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
That's as clean as it's EVER going to look.

Awesome job, guys!

Old 05-28-2010, 07:18 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
I am going have to do my best to not clip cones when PJ is behind me!

Old 05-28-2010, 07:47 PM
jaykalia is infamous around these parts
PJ who? I might know him. Maybe, maybe not.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:35 PM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
New white RS, smoked windows, race track bound. Believe only 3 or 4 white Mkt1 997RS's in WA.
Where's the steering wheel? I wonder who's this can be?

Old 05-28-2010, 08:50 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
Looks amazing - nice work John! I just had my Ventureshield of two years taken completely off my car yesterday and replaced in entirety under warranty. With a white car, it was starting to yellow but now it looks amazing again! Hopefully we will all see one another next weekend at Remlinger!

By the way, thanks to Matt for an amazing install and Aaron Kimpton (and Mike) of 3LG for a beautiful detail today.

Now if it would just stop raining!

Old 05-28-2010, 08:52 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
PS: John, what is Nanoskin Hydrophobic and Shield????

Old 05-28-2010, 10:39 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by gretapass
PS: John, what is Nanoskin Hydrophobic and Shield????
It is a spray-on paint sealant. Lasts about a year, and has amazing waterbead. I think it's the best sealant you can put on clear film.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:39 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthVan
I am going have to do my best to not clip cones when PJ is behind me!
You can do whatever you want, Ed....he's wrapped!

Old 05-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by detailjohn
It is a spray-on paint sealant. Lasts about a year, and has amazing waterbead. I think it's the best sealant you can put on clear film.
Is it similar to a matrix coating but something you have to put on annually? Does it go on the paint and the VS? What about yellowing on a white car? I was told the VS would not yellow the first time, but it did after two years. Would this product make any difference do you think? I did everything I was told to do last time. Thoughts now that I just had it redone?

Old 05-31-2010, 09:17 PM
Former Vendor
Although it is not as robust as Matrix Micro Coatings, it will add a significant amount of protection compared to conventional paint sealants.

John