cleaning your gas grill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 11:49 AM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
cleaning your gas grill

i know i'm OT here, but struggling to clean my damn gas grill, it occurred to me that my wheel cleaner i use on my 997 is:
  • good for degreasing
  • safe for expensive finishes
  • easy to use
so i soaked my gas grill, hosed it off and viola! it's awesome!

double-triple recommendation from me on using this to get that grill cleaned up.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:56 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
wheel cleaner like most degreasers are toxic. make sure you rinse 3x!

Old 06-30-2010, 02:25 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
you are supposed to clean them?

:-)

Old 06-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Gioia is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by djantlive
wheel cleaner like most degreasers are toxic. make sure you rinse 3x!
VERY toxic... not sure i would do same. just rinse it many times and then let it run at max temp for a while...

Old 06-30-2010, 02:42 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PJS
you are supposed to clean them?

:-)
That washes away all the built-up flavors!

Seriously though, all I've found that washing them does is destroy them. My former in-laws bought the same grill at the same time as I did about 5 years ago. My mother-in-law cleaned hers all the time, while mine was never cleaned. Hers lasted a year with much less use than mine got, and I just got rid of mine after 5 years, and it still worked.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:54 PM
caly is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by teflon_jones
That washes away all the built-up flavors!

Seriously though, all I've found that washing them does is destroy them. My former in-laws bought the same grill at the same time as I did about 5 years ago. My mother-in-law cleaned hers all the time, while mine was never cleaned. Hers lasted a year with much less use than mine got, and I just got rid of mine after 5 years, and it still worked.
i agree, i oil it before n after n i let the grease built up,that what grill taste is all about sometime i just just use wire brush to brush it.

sometime i see ppl grill with the aluminum foil lol,WTheck

Old 06-30-2010, 03:36 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
the grill and grease tray does need to be clean each year. i saw mold growing on the grease tray one time. i now lay down some foil to make the cleaning less of a hassle

Old 06-30-2010, 03:52 PM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
for the record, i'm only talking about the OUTSIDE of the grill.

lots of rinsing.

that said, there are lots of cars owned by people here that are clean enough to eat off of.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:11 PM
Island Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of lightIsland Maser is a glorious beacon of light
For internal I heat it up and scrap it with grill cleaner. Brass brush and scrapper does the trick. I only buy grills with stainless cooking grates. Cast rusts way to fast near the water. Bought a new inferred cooking unit at Lowes this year and love it. Just
need to use a lot less time as it is very hot. My normal cooking times were almost
cut in half.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:20 AM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
My Weber stainless grill doesn't need much of cleaning other than burning up the rest of cruft stuff after each session w/ high temperature heat and then just use the grill brush to clean up, and empty out the catch can tray.
I love my Weber grill!