Driving the Giro and Going to Monterey

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
You have 999 posts. Make the next one count.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:54 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Yippee!

Old 08-19-2010, 01:04 PM
Kristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TommyJames
Yippee!
Best post ever!

Old 08-19-2010, 03:05 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Tom,

Your posting echoes many thoughts and feelings of my own that brought me into the car world. Like yourself, all of my fond memories are spent experiencing the allure of car ownership in the highest order while driving, talking with other enthusiasts, photographing them, going fast, having something happen, funny moments, etc. All of them add to the true ownership experience as you pointed out. I concur wholeheartedly with what you alluded as being the real reasons why I've consistently been part of the car community for as long as I have. This morning I had to take several of my cars to various car dealerships with my sister in tow. She was amazed how many folks I knew everywhere we went. I told her, "that's what you get for being part of the car community for as long as I have." There are truly no one singular reason why I'm so much in love with the car community. It all adds up! And as a point of reference, I actually do have a memory where detailing my car truly stood out. It was back when I made the decision to thoroughly clean my old BMW M5 just so I could win Best of Show at a BMW concours. I spent FIVE days cleaning every square centimeter to the point where it was cleaner than it'd ever been even when I first took delivery 3 years prior. I won the coverted crystal trophy that year. Was it worth it, yes, would I do it again, no. Once was enough and to this day, I've never spent as much effort in doing so again. I just wanted to experience it once. All those singular experience or experiences adds up to the total car ownership experience of a true enthusiast like yourself, me and everyone else that frequents these forums. And yes, I agree with you, meeting other enthusiasts is probably the single best reason why I enjoy car meets although going on drives is also part of that too.

You've done a great job keeping us apprised on all that went on during your trip down there. I recall clearly my own experience in Monterey the last few times I've gone. I will go again. Thank you again for taking the time to write about it and sharing it with us, Tom.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:06 PM
flyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to behold
Very nice read… Thank you Tommy!!!

Old 08-23-2010, 11:30 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
A few pictures from the unloading. A semi-truck rolling up with a few million dollars of exotics in it always attracts a crowd.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Kristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud ofKristian has much to be proud of
Excellent read, Tom! I did a short write up about the first few days of our trip too - apexrally.com/2010/08/road-trip-to-carmel-california-days-1-2.html

Old 08-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Terrific narration...I felt like I was along for the entire experience. Thanks, and I'm glad you had a fun time.