New race track in Shelton

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 07:35 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
I heard the successfully accomplished a required re zoning of the land...

Old 10-17-2010, 10:38 AM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PJS
Awesome.

Old 10-17-2010, 10:53 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PJS
This is awesome news. Having good pavement close! That will be great. Any other info on the track ETC?

Are they ready to move forward. While I'm set up for a trip to ORP I'm not really looking forward to the 8 hours of driving.

Old 10-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
So far the group has been pretty up front that they don't know when the pavement will go down. From what I know, they still need to apply for and be awared the required special use permits. The rezoning passed unanomously so I'd think the permits should be reasonable enough. We'll see, still plenty that could go wrong I suppose.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
This would be very cool when complete. They can probably get cheap labor from the convicts out there.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:18 AM
slowv6 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
This is awesome news. Having good pavement close! That will be great. Any other info on the track ETC?

Are they ready to move forward. While I'm set up for a trip to ORP I'm not really looking forward to the 8 hours of driving.
Should be 5-5.5 hrs including some pit stop for picture/fresh air/refuel... This is not an I-5 Seattle/portland drive. The scenes are relaxing going there. I went there 2 times, and I enjoyed the drive both times... (which says a lot, I hate hwy driving to the point that I never thought about road trips)

Are you going there this Saturday as well?

Old 10-19-2010, 09:30 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by slowv6
Should be 5-5.5 hrs including some pit stop for picture/fresh air/refuel... This is not an I-5 Seattle/portland drive. The scenes are relaxing going there. I went there 2 times, and I enjoyed the drive both times... (which says a lot, I hate hwy driving to the point that I never thought about road trips)

Are you going there this Saturday as well?
I was talking about round trip time in my motor home. Yes I've been there a couple of times.

Still doesn't matter 4hrs one way is very long if Shelton could be open 40 minutes from my house. My truck's not even warmed up in 40 minutes.

Old 10-22-2010, 10:13 PM
GuessWho is infamous around these parts
This would be awesome, if it went through it would only be about 20 mins from my house!

Old 11-06-2010, 07:44 AM
TRMG is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Bleu Omdurman
So far the group has been pretty up front that they don't know when the pavement will go down. From what I know, they still need to apply for and be awared the required special use permits. The rezoning passed unanomously so I'd think the permits should be reasonable enough. We'll see, still plenty that could go wrong I suppose.

Just to keep you guys up to speed, the rezone did pass unanimously. We are effectively finished with the local political process.

The last step is the Special Use Permit (SUP or sometimes called a CUP). This document outlines the entire operation, from business hours to noise and traffic enforcement, etc. Our engineers have been working on it for about two months now, we expect it to be complete in about 2 more months.

So, once the SUP is done and our homework turned in, Mason County Planning sets up the last public hearing in front of the independent hearings examiner (non elected, not even from Shelton). The hearings examiner hears the case and renders a decision within ten days.

We of course expect a favorable outcome. Since the soil drains well, we can clear all winter long, and hope to start by mid December.

We pray the hearings examiner will render a decision by early March. Which probably means April or May, the way things have gone. At that point, we build.

Thanks for your interest, and spread the word if you can, we are almost there.

Rod Powell
Member, The Ridge Motorsports Group

Last edited by TRMG; 11-06-2010 at 07:49 AM.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:17 AM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
Rod, thanks for the detailed update, and congrats on the progress! We would appreciate continued updates, as things develop.

Would you say that if things go as you the the group hopes, that the track would be operational in some form in 2011?

Roman

Old 11-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by gigharbor1
Rod, thanks for the detailed update, and congrats on the progress! We would appreciate continued updates, as things develop.

Would you say that if things go as you the the group hopes, that the track would be operational in some form in 2011?

Roman
Roman, if things do go as we hope, then yes, Aug would be when we would be doing lapping days, racing school, etc. No races unless they are exhibition, as it is too late to get on anyones schedule.

However, bear in mind, nothing has gone as we have hoped, so, we'll see.

RP

Old 11-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
Rod,

That's great news. Eric gave me an update yesterday (nice guy). I hope all is well on other fronts for you as well.

Trevor

Old 11-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Hey Trevor, did not know you hung out here. Would have never figured it out with your user name.

I assume you mean Eric PCA Pres? He's a good guy, I knew him before he was royalty in the PCA

Rod

Old 11-06-2010, 07:46 PM
If Eric B is the pres of the PCA, then yes, that's the guy and he would have known you for a while.

Last edited by Bleu Omdurman; 11-10-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Awesome to hear about a local track possibly coming...these things never seem to get any easier to plan/build. Nice work!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New race track in Shelton