Car options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 06:48 PM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
Well the market here in the US sucks because Bill and Bob don't like anything other then SUVs and so do their wives. In fact Bill and Bob didn't even know you could drive an estate, only live in one. I say go euro, import!!!

I didnt look very hard but here is a nice white and black one. Both are limited sports as well.
116,701.68 USD less shipping

My argument
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ2-ShC9d20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dg3D...eature=related

Old 09-13-2010, 06:51 PM
BritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to behold
Your argument is persuasive, yet cruel... I'd be banging down the doors at Audi Bellevue begging them to sell me one of those if they imported them here!

Old 09-13-2010, 06:52 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Old 09-13-2010, 07:52 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BritBlaster
I confess to really liking the Ferrari 456 and Porsche "Shooting Brakes".

Subaru don't make any wagons with more than 300hp(!)

I'm leaning towards either an ML320 CDI or a 2011 VW Touareg TDI, and keeping the S4 for most days, if budget allows...
Nothing a couple of mods could fix.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Busta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud of
Paul, I see a CTS-V in your future

Old 09-13-2010, 10:36 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
RS6 avant is so super sweet

what about a panamera - sort of wagon like and awd is available and hp variants to suit all tastes

Old 09-14-2010, 12:58 AM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
Your argument is persuasive, yet cruel... I'd be banging down the doors at Audi Bellevue begging them to sell me one of those if they imported them here!
I really thought Audi had it figured out when they brought back a coupe, being the s5 and a5. There really isn’t that big of a market for estates here though so I can't blame them. Barrier wouldn’t ever help you import one as it would be more effort then they care to put it.

If you’re willing to eat the cost of delivery and processing fees, >$3000 from germany if you shop around, go for the RS6. The dealerships in Germany would make money off the sale so would have some skin in the game and would be willing to help you arrange the documents for importation. The RS6 meets and exceeds all US federal as well as Washington state emission and crash safety standards. That normally is the deciding factor for personally importing a car. I have helped a friend arrange the importation of a car from Japan and while costly it wasn’t too expensive for RORO (role on roll off) shipment and for the additional importation clearing house fees. The limiting factors are defiantly the emissions and crash safety.

You would have the only one in the NW that’s for sure! It sounds like that is the only car that meets your criteria and interest checklist. Im fairly proficient in searching the euro, euro car market if you need any info let me know.

I even found a couple nice blue ones in the 73.000 EUR range.

Old 09-14-2010, 01:21 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
If I truly knew that I could get an RS6 into the country without any hassle, I'd probably do it.

I always cringe at these "grey market" (can I use that term?) cars.

One person says it's legal and fine, and then bam... you need a lawyer.

I've heard that you can import the RS6, but still...not a model they offered here... so is it really legit or just a loophole?

I haven't exactly seen any driving around yet.

Would love to talk to someone who has one here.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:17 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
I just picked this up 4 or 5 weeks ago. Nice thing is the interior is OK when fully decked out and it is AWD..the 450HP is not bad either. If you want to drive it let me know..I could arrange something for a nice ride in the Scud..http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&id=690142240

Old 09-14-2010, 12:17 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Have you considered any of the BMW offerings? They do have a couple of nice options available too.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Loubaru is infamous around these parts
I confess to really liking the Ferrari 456 and Porsche "Shooting Brakes".

Subaru don't make any wagons with more than 300hp(!)

I'm leaning towards either an ML320 CDI or a 2011 VW Touareg TDI, and keeping the S4 for most days, if budget allows...
With the right tuner (there are plenty good Subaru tuners in WA) and the right mods you can get 450-500bph out of a Subaru while keeping it somewhat reliable... To do it correctly it will cost at least 15-20k on top of the price of the car but it would still end up cheaper than the other options you are looking at.

I'm a big fan of the newer Legacy 2.5 turbo wagons.

Last edited by Loubaru; 09-14-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:26 PM
BritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by atomic80
Have you considered any of the BMW offerings? They do have a couple of nice options available too.
Funny you should mention Beamers, because I went to Bellevue BMW yesterday evening to test-drive the turbo-diesel X5. I liked the vehicle, but it suffered horribly from off-the-line turbo-lag.

To other commentators: I don't do grey-imports, and I don't like doing mods. I like everything stock, and the comfort of a no-questions asked warranty (which is why I like to buy new only).

Old 09-14-2010, 02:11 PM
FerRrari is infamous around these parts
Paul, how about a 5 Series GT? Or even better, an X6 M!
Also, I prefer BMW Seattle to the ****** @ Bellevue.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:48 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Funny you should mention Beamers, because I went to Bellevue BMW yesterday evening to test-drive the turbo-diesel X5. I liked the vehicle, but it suffered horribly from off-the-line turbo-lag.

To other commentators: I don't do grey-imports, and I don't like doing mods. I like everything stock, and the comfort of a no-questions asked warranty (which is why I like to buy new only).
My brother has the Diesel X5 and absolutely LOVES it. He says that the lag actually gets reduced over time. Not sure why that'd be the case. Maybe that's just the "green" side in him speaking. In any case, a little lesson for you. "Beemers or Beamers" are BMW motorcycles. Bimmers are BMW cars. I think that the X5M would be way way over the top even though it'd be killer fast. Have you considered their wagons though.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:09 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
How about a Volvo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car options