Car options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Christiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura about
How about one of these?

If you have the funds, I have a plan to have one in the US!

Old 09-16-2010, 10:51 AM
BritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by atomic80
In any case, a little lesson for you. "Beemers or Beamers" are BMW motorcycles. Bimmers are BMW cars.
No no no no no! No man has ever been so wrong since Adolf Hitler said "hey, let's take Russia first. How hard could it be?"

Nothing from the Bayerische Motoren Werke should EVER be called a "Bimmer". For a start, the pronunciation is ALWAYS "beam-er" and to spell this word as "Bimmer" is a violation of every sacred English phonetical guide. The word is an abomination and offends every sensibility I hold dear. I think I'd seriously projectile vomit over anyone who ignorantly called their beamer a "bimmer" with a soft-I vowel in person. Can you tell I have a bee in my bonnet about this? LOL Now, feel free to call it a beamer or beemer at your leisure, after all either word is a correct phonetical representation of the nickname when referring to a BMW...

And, if you'd like lessons on how to correctly pronouce "oregano", "lever", "tomato" and "aluminium", I'm here to help. Trust me on this ;-)

Old 09-16-2010, 10:55 AM
BritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to behold
OK, back on topic.

I think I've narrowed down my choices. If I am going to add an extra vehicle, I'm going to go with the Audi Q7 TDI. If I am going to replace the S4 with a different daily "do everything" vehicle then the Porsche Cayenne Turbo is looking like a winner. I've driven the Q7, which too suffers from turbo-lag off-line but not as bad as the X5 35d. Need to drive the hot chilli pepper next.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:57 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Really? I had no idea that was the case. I suppose that the folks that call the largest annual BMW gathering in California the "Bimmerfest" would be pretty ignorant of that as well. Would you want to educate 3,000 rabid "Beamerheads" that their cars should be affectionately referred now and forevermore as a "Beamer." I sure wouldn't...I don't think the "Beamerfest" has as much of a ring to it either. But I consider myself adeptly educated regardless.

But sure, I'd be up for a lesson in proper pronunciation anytime.

Last edited by atomic80; 09-16-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by atomic80
Really? I had no idea that was the case. There's a reason why they do call the largest annual BMW gathering in California the "Bimmerfest." Would you want to educate 3,000 rabid "Beamerheads" that their cars should be affectionately referred now and forevermore as a "Beamer." I sure wouldn't...I don't think the "Beamerfest" has as much of a ring to it either.
Educating Californians is an exercise in futility!

Old 09-16-2010, 11:03 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BritBlaster
I guess most down there are pretty hardheaded, eh?

OK, back on topic.

I think I've narrowed down my choices. If I am going to add an extra vehicle, I'm going to go with the Audi Q7 TDI. If I am going to replace the S4 with a different daily "do everything" vehicle then the Porsche Cayenne Turbo is looking like a winner. I've driven the Q7, which too suffers from turbo-lag off-line but not as bad as the X5 35d. Need to drive the hot chilli pepper next.
I can't wait to hear your impressions of the hot chili pepper. I was really honestly impressed by the older Turbo S version when I rode in one around the track a couple years ago. I'm told that with the weight loss, the new one is quite a bit "spicier."

Old 09-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Busta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud of
No no no no no! No man has ever been so wrong since Adolf Hitler said "hey, let's take Russia first. How hard could it be?"

Nothing from the Bayerische Motoren Werke should EVER be called a "Bimmer". For a start, the pronunciation is ALWAYS "beam-er" and to spell this word as "Bimmer" is a violation of every sacred English phonetical guide. The word is an abomination and offends every sensibility I hold dear. I think I'd seriously projectile vomit over anyone who ignorantly called their beamer a "bimmer" with a soft-I vowel in person. Can you tell I have a bee in my bonnet about this? LOL Now, feel free to call it a beamer or beemer at your leisure, after all either word is a correct phonetical representation of the nickname when referring to a BMW...

And, if you'd like lessons on how to correctly pronouce "oregano", "lever", "tomato" and "aluminium", I'm here to help. Trust me on this ;-)
You're too funny. I never liked either nickname. Either way you pronounce it, it's a silly sounding name. It's a BMW. How hard is it to say three letters? But I digress...

I like your choice of the Spicy Forced Induction Pepper. The new one is nice. I approve.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:02 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
That's nothing compared to how Americans' generally make their own ways to pronounce names, such as Ferrari, Honda, Porsche, and etc.....

Old 09-16-2010, 07:14 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
How do you feel about herbs?

Old 09-16-2010, 11:42 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Eliseguy
How do you feel about herbs?
Exactly
Herbs.........urbs or ?
Porsche.......porsh or ?

Paul buy a Chevy Tahoe or a GMC Denali save big bucks and have a nice V8 with total comfort for 25k less than a Q7

Old 09-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
^good point.

We love our denali!

Old 09-17-2010, 11:06 AM
Apple Sauce is infamous around these parts
Are you saying he's ruddy wrong!!!

LOL

Old 09-19-2010, 12:15 PM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
For some reason the thought of Paul driving an Escalade makes me laugh a ton.

I am kinda shocked that the RS6 import wouldn't be an option. The thing is scary fast for an Estate car.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:28 PM
Apple Sauce is infamous around these parts
I think what you really need is one of these bad boys.
The Family Truckster

Attached Images   
Old 09-21-2010, 12:06 AM
lpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud of
Paul, how about a 2010/2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged ? It only cost $2,000 more than my 2008 but it got 510hp instead of 390hp, the interior is way better and more luxury to me, and it cost $40,000 less than a Cayenne Turbo (500hp) ! I had owned a Cayenne S before, but I like the Range Rover Sport better ! I have about 33,000 miles on my 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged now and no problem with the car at all ! I test drove a 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged a while ago and it is not slow at all ! MSRP is about $74,000 !!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car options