Car options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 10:16 AM
BritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by StorminS4
For some reason the thought of Paul driving an Escalade makes me laugh a ton.

I am kinda shocked that the RS6 import wouldn't be an option. The thing is scary fast for an Estate car.
Jeremy, you know me too well!

The RS6 would definitely be an option, but importing a grey-market car is not.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:20 AM
BritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by lpm 505
Paul, how about a 2010/2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged ? It only cost $2,000 more than my 2008 but it got 510hp instead of 390hp, the interior is way better and more luxury to me, and it cost $40,000 less than a Cayenne Turbo (500hp) ! I had owned a Cayenne S before, but I like the Range Rover Sport better ! I have about 33,000 miles on my 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged now and no problem with the car at all ! I test drove a 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged a while ago and it is not slow at all ! MSRP is about $74,000 !!!
I thought about it actually. Reliability is definitely a concern, but the other instinct I have is that the RR-SS would be a much heavier vehicle...

Old 09-21-2010, 10:23 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BritBlaster
I thought about it actually. Reliability is definitely a concern, but the other instinct I have is that the RR-SS would be a much heavier vehicle...
You are British, Paul...you should be driving at least one British vehicle. I also mirror Willie's comments. I've had mine for 5+ years and surprisingly enough mine has also been extremely reliable too. It's one of my favorites.

Weight is an issue but 510 hp and Brembo brakes makes it easy.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:33 PM
AlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to allAlgaeHater is a name known to all
I've never had any problems with my RRS Supercharged.

A 2011 RRS with the Sport Package is the **** (unless you really need 500+ HP in a truck).

LR of Seattle has one:

Last edited by AlgaeHater; 09-21-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:58 PM
I'm going with this. Already has substantial upgrades:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/ctd/1976280266.html

Anyone else going to the Barrier event this Saturday at Pacific Raceways?

Old 09-28-2010, 05:14 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !

Nice ride...can I borrow it sometime?

I'll be at the Barrier event from 9-12. When are you going?

Old 09-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by atomic80
I'll be at the Barrier event from 9-12. When are you going?

Cool! I'm going same time ... let's ride down together...

Old 09-28-2010, 05:23 PM
Cool! I'm going same time ... let's ride down together...
Sure! Send me a text and we'll set something up!

Old 09-28-2010, 09:23 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AlgaeHater
I've never had any problems with my RRS Supercharged.

A 2011 RRS with the Sport Package is the **** (unless you really need 500+ HP in a truck).

LR of Seattle has one:

that's a beauty but not in any world worth double a Tahoe or Denali

Old 09-29-2010, 10:11 PM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute

Yes sir!

Old 09-29-2010, 10:19 PM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
that's a beauty but not in any world worth double a Tahoe or Denali
But it's a range rover! The badge has to be worth at least 50K!

Old 09-29-2010, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by Mini George
But it's a range rover! The badge has to be worth at least 50K!
You don't get Mark's point.

Old 09-30-2010, 02:31 PM
Busta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud of

Paul, you would be so P to the I to the M to the P! I have no idea what I just wrote.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:44 PM
UPDATE:

So, the decision has been made.

Got the Audi Q7 S-Line (with the 333hp motor from the S4).

I loved the Range Rover Sport SC, and of course the Cayenne Turbo. However, I am being put through the wringer in a divorce right now and I cannot justify spending too much dough. I'm lucky to be able to keep a Ferrari in my garage to be honest. So, I traded in the S4 for it. When funds allow, it would be nice at some point to add something else (S7 when available?). I am really pleased with the Q7 so far--it's very nice to drive, has seven seats, and a huge trunk. I liked the TDI version, but it is more expensive, difficult to find in stock anywhere (as it was, I had to drive down to Beaverton to get the S-line), and the throttle response reintroduces you to 1974 Porsche 911 Turbo-style LAAAAAG. More importantly, the S-line is only 10-15% off of the official MPG figures of the diesel anyway.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:18 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on the pick up. I love the look of the new q7's

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car options