Best Spot to Buy Race Gear (near Seattle)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 04:42 PM
SFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of light
Best Spot to Buy Race Gear (near Seattle)

Hello all,

Specifically I am looking for some racing gloves. Any suggestions on best spot to pick some up around the area?

Thanks for any help!

Old 09-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Fordahl Motorsports, Speedware, or Cantrell Motorsports are the first few that come to mind.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:28 PM
SFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by detailjohn
Fordahl Motorsports, Speedware, or Cantrell Motorsports are the first few that come to mind.
Thank you for the heads up, about to hit their websites.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:46 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I don't even recall Fordahl nor Cantrell even carrying motorsport wear. Speedware has them on hand usually.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:32 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Speedware has wide selection of gloves actually in stock

Old 09-30-2010, 05:40 PM
Nthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to behold
I'd be very weary of shopping at Speedware.

Here let me place the most expensive seats in existance (which are actually used even though we marketed them as new/display) outside of our shop and leave them here for you to pick up with used hardware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTIjefZ5-vA

Last edited by Nthusiastt; 09-30-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:01 PM
FerRrari is infamous around these parts
^ Sorry, but you're not telling the complete story there. Someone had buyer's remorse and then wanted someone else to pay for their mistakes. I'm not affiliated with Speedware nor have I ever bought anything there but I cannot stand when people attack local businesses like this.

Old 10-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Nthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to beholdNthusiastt is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by FerRrari
^ Sorry, but you're not telling the complete story there. Someone had buyer's remorse and then wanted someone else to pay for their mistakes. I'm not affiliated with Speedware nor have I ever bought anything there but I cannot stand when people attack local businesses like this.

I'm not sure if Shaun actually beleives this but I know this is what he tells people. I'll post my receipt when I get home that states nothing about the seats being used. I had to threaten to call the police since they wouldn't give me back the seats that I tried to return. I left the store and then received a call from a sales rep telling me Shaun told him he needed to put the seats outside of the shop. He called me back and left this message.

There are many stories about Shaun and the way he runs his business (look on the S2k forum) so you can beleive what you want but as a note I've never publicly critisized a company ever. I've had bad experiences but I've never been treated so poorly. He's burned so many people and his company is on its way under. Anyone looking to go to speedware should go to motoring unlimited. They are amazing!

I'm not sure why you can't stand someone warning locals about a company that treats customers like this.

edit:

Dude, Fernando! I think we've met, I used to work in bldg 34. Did you work for the exchange team? I'm working over in city center with the bing team now. I had the hardtop white m3 6spd on rezax's. I remember you bought the rogue exhaust. We should meet up! Shaun is awesome until you have a big issue. He wanted me to sign a document stating that none of that ever happened in order to give me a refund. When I refused he basically stopped talking to me and all of his communication went through his sales department. He also refused to write anything down. He wouldn't communicate via email, it was only through phone conversations which I wish I recorded. It was insane!

Last edited by Nthusiastt; 10-03-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:51 PM
FerRrari is infamous around these parts
Yeah, that's me, in that case I'm sorry for your bad experience. I don't have the M3 anymore, I got an E85 M instead.

Old 10-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
I've been a customer for a longtime, I know several others as well...never had a problem. They've always been good to me and I've always been nice to them.

I have no idea if those two facts are correlated.

Old 10-03-2010, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by Bleu Omdurman
I've been a customer for a longtime, I know several others as well...never had a problem. They've always been good to me and I've always been nice to them.

I have no idea if those two facts are correlated.
Yeah, well I was friendly for nearly 8 months and that didn't seem to get me a response. It escalated and escalated and escalated. Finally he agreed to give me a refund if I signed a document stating that Speedware never sold me used seats. If it was buyers remorse obviously I would have signed. If Shaun really believed any of that don't you think he would just sign on and defend his shops name? Instead he hides behind others and lies about the situation when people ask.

What's somewhat funny is he is somewhat right about buyers remorse. I didn't want the seats the second I got home and realized they were heavily used. So used they had belt wear marks on them. Thousands of miles on them used and I paid the same price other 6speeders were paying for brand new sets. Yeah I was irritated and I gave them AMPLE opportunity and time to reconvene since they had such a spectacular reputation. When Shaun began to raise his voice at me I snapped. Almost a year of crap and he had the audacity to yell at me. He didn't even ever get me the 2nd seat rail. That was Dan on the phone giving me his used ones.

And to answer the question about the publicity I've raised with this incident, consider it returning the favor for the gratuity he extended to me. The worst, the absolute worst is to have someone scam you and then when you raise it publicly have them call you a liar and other believe him. Anyone who knows me knows the truth.

He treats people that pump lots of money into his shop really really well. If you have a big issue though, you'll see. Ask anyone who has worked for him.

Last edited by Nthusiastt; 10-03-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by FerRrari
Yeah, that's me, in that case I'm sorry for your bad experience. I don't have the M3 anymore, I got an E85 M instead.
Nice! I sold my M too, my wife and I had a little baby girl so I needed something a little more practical
S4 -> RS4 widebody

Old 10-05-2010, 05:35 PM
Miss_Bitch is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Nthusiastt
Anyone looking to go to speedware should go to motoring unlimited. They are amazing!
Touche'

Old 10-05-2010, 05:47 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
OP was looking to buy some gloves...

Old 10-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Thumbs up

^^

I think you're missing the point PJ. Although I know you and Shaun have a very close relationship, it's kind of difficult to see that the thread has somehow lost value. More positive shops have been suggested and shady ones have been exposed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best Spot to Buy Race Gear (near Seattle)