Surprise: in the market!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 08:50 AM
Christiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by cozmo
I think the one thing that surprised me the most about the Escalade is how sharp it turns. It can turn way sharper than both of my other cars. It is actually really easy to park because of that.
I agree with you on that. I used to sell cars, and loved the way they drove. Maybe I will try and sneak my wife into one today.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Christiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura about
Test drives are over.
Drove the FX45, Trailblazer SS, a Chevy Traverse, and a 07 Odyssey.
The Trailblazer is out, too unrefined for my wife's taste. The Traverse wasn't on our list, but a Sales manager thought it was the perfect mix of Van and SUV, so we gave it a try. It was nice, but my wife felt that if we were going that big, stick with a van.
Now we are down to the FX and a Odyssey. She has to decide what she wants to drive day to day.

Old 09-17-2010, 04:30 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
BMW X5 (4.4). I LOVE LOVE ours! It's super comfy, easy to see out of, easy to get in and out of, and looks pretty too! If you ever want to drive it, let me know and I'll let you guys check it out!

Old 09-17-2010, 07:29 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
BMW X5 (4.4). I LOVE LOVE ours! It's super comfy, easy to see out of, easy to get in and out of, and looks pretty too! If you ever want to drive it, let me know and I'll let you guys check it out!
BMW over the Cayenne... You, Ma'am, get a wag of the finger

Old 09-17-2010, 10:51 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I'm a porschephile but I have to give the nod to to the X5 too.

Old 09-18-2010, 10:17 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Eliseguy
BMW over the Cayenne... You, Ma'am, get a wag of the finger
Hahaha! I know, huh?? LOL! We actually went to make an offer on a Cayenne, but it sold already! It had a Techart front end....yum! I must say though, I am happy with our BMW choice! Yes....you can wave the one finger at me. LOL!

Originally Posted by atomic80
I'm a porschephile but I have to give the nod to to the X5 too.
Woohoo! Variety is the spice of life...right?

Old 09-19-2010, 09:09 AM
The new ride!

Old 09-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
Huge Congrats!

Have fun with it!

Old 09-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Originally Posted by Mini George
Huge Congrats!

Have fun with it!
Thanks!
It is a 2004 FX45 in Liquid Copper with Brick Interior. The interior is love it or hate it, and fortunately we both love it! Only 46,000 miles on it, and it is nearly perfect. I used to be in car sales and I can't remember ever seeing a 6 year old car that is this nice, well besides ones that were never driven.

Also wanted to mention that Inifinti of Tacoma really treated us well. Mike Sears the Internet Sales Manager was straightforward, took his time, and I never once felt pressured. I give them two big thumbs up!

Old 09-19-2010, 10:56 AM
StorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond reputeStorminS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats.

I love that interior.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by StorminS4
Congrats.

I love that interior.
Thanks! My wife has already run two errands this morning, which she never does. She loves driving it.

A few stats on it:
Engine Type 4.5 liter double overhead cam (DOHC) 32 valve V-8 with variable valve timing
Horsepower 315 @ 6,400 RPM
Torque 329 @ 4,000 RPM
Fuel Recommended Premium Unleaded.
Transmission & Drive 5-speed electronically controlled automatic with manual shift mode,
all-wheel drive with center locking limited slip differential
Tires - Standard P265/50VR20 all season tires
Overall Length 189.1"
Wheelbase 112.2"
Width 75.8"
Turning Diameter 38.7 ft Curb to Curb
Curb Weight 4,309 lbs.
Fuel Tank 23.8 Gals.
Miles Per Gallon EPA city 15 , hwy 19.
Towing Capacity 3,500 lbs.
5 person seating capacity
8-way power driver and passenger seats
Memory driver's seat
Heated front seats
Dual Zone front climate control with rear air and interior air filtration
4-wheel independent suspension
Privacy glass
Rear spoiler
Front and rear ventilated disc brakes with 4-wheel ABS
All-wheel drive
Traction control
Stability control
Front side mounted air bags
Front and rear head airbags
Xenon HID headlamps
Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
Electrochromatic inside rearview mirror
Leather wrapped steering wheel
Leather trim on doors and center console
AM/FM cassette in-dash 6 disc CD player with 6 speakers
DVD based Navigation System with rearview camera
Intelligent keyless entry
Intelligent cruise control
Power tilt and slide glass sunroof
Chrome wheels
XM or Serius Satellite Radio
300-watt Bose audio system with 11 speakers

The one and only option it doesn't have is the DVD mobile entertainment system for rear seat passengers.

Last edited by Christiancoach; 09-19-2010 at 11:06 AM.