Porsche vs. Mini & NW HARVEST Challenge - 04 Dec '10

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 11:46 AM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Porsche vs. Mini & NW HARVEST Challenge - 04 Dec '10

Hey Everyone,
I know that the Toys-for-Tots run is on the same day, but some of my MINI friends asked that I post this information here as well. Apparently there was a challenge issued between the Porsche and MINI clubs to see who could raise the most for the King5 food drive. Details are here:

Info on Northwest Harvest/KING5 Food Drive: Northwest Harvest can use any nonperishable food and/or monetary donations. If you prefer to donate food, select shelf-stable food with the lowest saturated fats and refined carbohydrates (sugar, white flour). Northwest Harvest can buy white rice and beans in bulk so they ask that you donate other items. Here are some suggestions: oatmeal, whole grain pastas, brown rice, tomato products, canned vegetables and fruits (especially with low sugar) canned fish and meat, shelf-stable milk, beef stew and chili. They also need infant and baby foods - formula, powered and canned milk, infant cereal and jars of baby food. They will also accept baby diapers. For more information about the Food Drive

For MINI owners:
Depart Seattle MINI @ 12:00PM with donations collected at Seattle MINI and convoy over to Marymoor Park to hook up with the Porsche crowen.

Depart Marymoor and arrive at Redmond Town Center at 1:30 PM to drop off our donations at the Northwest Harvest collection point

Link to the MINI site with more information. I don't have a link to the Porsche clubs information .

http://www.psmini.org/forum/porsche-...topic7210.html

Last edited by Hot Shot; 12-02-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:31 PM
Boomers996tt is infamous around these parts
Here's the full link to PS Mini:

http://www.psmini.org/forum/porsche-...topic7210.html

Hope there are some Mini owners or other Marques that want to help out these little British cars hang with the Big Boys!

It's all good, since NW Harvest will benefit!

Is a little video that people might enjoy:

http://vimeo.com/17245616

Cheer!

Old 11-28-2010, 01:45 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
I broke the link because you can't post active links to another forum.

Old 12-02-2010, 01:49 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Porsche is pushing this Hard James. Mini's stand a chance?

Old 12-02-2010, 01:52 PM
I have no idea honestly. I don't know how many cars will actually show up, but know that people are dropping off food and other stuff with some of the people that are planning on attending, so there will be plenty of donations at least. The PSMINI group is pretty active when it comes to events like this, so we'll see I guess. I'm doing the Toy Run on the same day so I won't be participating in this at least....

Old 12-02-2010, 04:15 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Yeah, I've gotten emails from the PacNW Porsche club about making sure we all show up at 1.

Kinda a shame it's the same day/time as the toy drive.. I'm thinking about flipping a coin at this point.

Old 12-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
quote from Hotshot; I broke the link because you can't post active links to another forum.

Actually, I have recently been given the go ahead to recind that policy...active links to other forums are now ok as long as they don't lead to a commercial advertisement on the other forum...I see this as a postive change in policy

Old 12-02-2010, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
quote from Hotshot; I broke the link because you can't post active links to another forum.

Actually, I have recently been given the go ahead to recind that policy...active links to other forums are now ok as long as they don't lead to a commercial advertisement on the other forum...I see this as a postive change in policy
Cool. Thanks for pointing it out.

James

Old 12-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm going to try & do both, the toy run is @ 12, & the NWharvest thing is @ 1.
Most likely be in the MINI as it's the only car that fits the baby seat.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Old 12-03-2010, 03:55 PM
Last day to Donate for NW Harvest.

Know many of you are doing the Toy Drive, good work! Wish the two drives were not on the same day.

If you elect to support Mini's drop off your donation at Seattle Mini. Should you choose to support Porsche, drop off at Park Place.

Hey, it's a great cause and the Mini club only has like 200 members vs. Porsche with 2000 +.

The real winner is NW Harvest! So bring your Mini or your Porsche to the event. Don't have one or can't make the actual event, donate to the car club of your choice!

Cheers!

Old 12-04-2010, 09:44 AM
Airborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to beholdAirborne Ranger is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Boomers996tt
Last day to Donate for NW Harvest.

Know many of you are doing the Toy Drive, good work! Wish the two drives were not on the same day.

If you elect to support Mini's drop off your donation at Seattle Mini. Should you choose to support Porsche, drop off at Park Place.

Hey, it's a great cause and the Mini club only has like 200 members vs. Porsche with 2000 +.

The real winner is NW Harvest! So bring your Mini or your Porsche to the event. Don't have one or can't make the actual event, donate to the car club of your choice!

Cheers!
Is the RTC still a drop point? I know some people were planning on doing both the Toy Drive @ Pacific Raceways then heading to RTC around 1:30.. is Redmond no longer an option?

Old 12-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Airborne Ranger
Is the RTC still a drop point? I know some people were planning on doing both the Toy Drive @ Pacific Raceways then heading to RTC around 1:30.. is Redmond no longer an option?
I'm doing the same.

We are suppose to meet up @ the park, then drive over to RTC for the drop off.

The other drop off sites were for people NOT going on the drive.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:52 AM
King 5 Home Team & NW Harvest have drop off location & RTC is still one of them.
Mini & Porsche clubs have a challenge and for those that can't make the actual DRIVE they could drop off at the above locations for the respective club.
If you have a Mini, meet @ Seattle Mini @ 11:30.

If you have a Porsche, meet @ Marymoor Park @ 1:00.

From Marymoor both clubs are driving to RTC for a "FACE OFF"!

Fun!!!!! Join the drive with your Mini or Porsche!

If you don't want to join the club drives then just drop off your donation at any location.

Cheers!