British Columbia Speed Laws

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 06:43 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
British Columbia Speed Laws

Before you head up to Canada check this thread out.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...peed-laws.html

The RCMP apparently means business (revenue) now-a-days.

Old 12-18-2010, 01:17 PM
madflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nicemadflava is just really nice
Originally Posted by HUMMM 3
Before you head up to Canada check this thread out.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...peed-laws.html

The RCMP apparently means business (revenue) now-a-days.
Thanks for the heads up! Do you think this will apply to cars with US plates?

Old 12-19-2010, 09:18 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by madflava
I can't imagine the paper work would be worth it for them... but you never know. I for one don't want to be the first person to try it out! lol

I drove all over B.C. last summer when I first got my 997... The speeds I reached are probably off their charts. Glad I got that out of my system.

Old 12-19-2010, 12:45 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by madflava
I don't know. Why don't you take an "Action Item" (Boeing speak) and go up there and find out. If you make it back with your car, give us a report.

Last edited by HUMMM 3; 12-19-2010 at 12:46 PM. Reason: word omitted
Old 12-20-2010, 07:34 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I went a few months ago with Peter and the same guys we went on the Can-Am drive with last year and boy...they were moving! I was painfully aware of their new speed laws the whole time but thankfully, nothing happened. I'd prefer not to push my luck again so I probably won't be going up North for drives anymore.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:49 PM
grambo is infamous around these partsgrambo is infamous around these parts
That blue 430 was impounded not far from Vancouver.
I think as long as you use some common sense and stick to the limit until you get a little ways out of the populated areas, you'll be fine. We haven't had any tickets in the last three canadian tours I've been on.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:54 PM
grambo is infamous around these partsgrambo is infamous around these parts
By the way, Jason, did you and Peter ever upload your videos from Duffey?

Old 12-21-2010, 06:45 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by grambo
By the way, Jason, did you and Peter ever upload your videos from Duffey?
Whoops...I guess I need to do that.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:54 PM
911 James is infamous around these parts
I don't see why any government has the right to take away a vehicle for going over a set speed limit. Conditions vary. It should be on a case to case basis for people charged with dangerous driving, if at all. And only after you have gone to court and been found guilty. I was so angry after reading about this new law. Who passes these laws? Reminds me of the photo radar scam.

Last edited by 911 James; 12-21-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:41 PM
gigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond reputegigharbor1 has a reputation beyond repute
I drive up to Vancouver almost every week from down here, and it appears that the RMCP have gone from being non-existent on the highway, to really putting their thumb down. Highway 99 really was the Autobahn of the West until now. Now everyone is really careful. Regardless of whether you can get a ticket with a US plate, I do believe that you can still be arrested/car impounded if you are going above their new thresholds. Whether or not they can auction off your car, however, is another story. Good thing I obey the speed limits......

Old 12-27-2010, 11:51 PM
west coast is infamous around these parts
The Police are very serious about this, recently a BMW M3 and Ferrari scud were sold according to the recently enacted laws here they were speeding in the extreme and apparently came close to hitting pedestrians, the Ferrari had a lein which was paid out, and the partner who was not involved in what happened also recieved his portion of the cars value, but the Govt ended up with approx 100k out of the sale. This was an extreme case, very high speed in a busy area, but there have been other cases, most get their vehicles back, usually at quite an expense to the owner. In defence of the Police there have been some very sad cases of street racing fatalities in B.C. in the last few years and the Govt felt they needed to do something to stop the carnage I guess. Use a detector and some common sense and there is no problem up here.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:55 AM
Christiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura about
I for one will be slowing down on my trips to BC. I think I am headed up three times this coming summer.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:05 PM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
Isn't Vancouver, BC a "No radar detector" Province?

Old 12-28-2010, 03:53 PM
west coast is infamous around these parts
No, radar detectors are legal here

Old 12-29-2010, 02:42 PM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
Thank-you for your response!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: British Columbia Speed Laws