Anyone here with kids in Lakeside school ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 08:28 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone here with kids in Lakeside school ?

Hi fellow NW 6speeders: Wanted to share some good news that we got in the mail earlier this week. Both my kids got accepted into Lakeside middle school in Seattle, WA. We were initially looking for Bellevue/Issaquah public schools, toured Lakeside and were very impressed with the overall package it had to offer. I am in the process of relocating my family as school starts Sept 1 and was hoping if someone here have kids at Lakeside. Would love to talk to them about neighborhoods that I should be considering. They have an extensive east/west bus route too covering Bellevue, Kirkland, Issaquah, Mercer Island, Laurelhurst, Ravenna, Wedgewood, Windemere, Green Lake, Queen Anne, Madrona, etc etc. I am clueless but will obviously get started on the research process.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:15 PM
Mullypro is infamous around these parts
Hey! No kids in Lakeside but a friend of mine taught there. If I am not mistaken, Bill Gates went to school there and is sending the little one as well. It is a fantastic school.

I work as a Realtor with Keller Williams Realty. In fact, my wife and I both are Managing Brokers here. We would love to share our knowledge of the area with you and perhaps do some driving around to see it :-)

Give me a call if interested. Mark (425) 241-0707 or shoot me an email at markmullins2000@gmail.com

Old 03-29-2011, 01:41 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
We just moved to Mercer Island a few months ago for the schools... location wise, I couldn't be happier. Pretty much close to everything, and the ability to be able to use the HOV lanes to and from Seattle is a huge bonus.

I'm not sure relation wise where Lakeside is, but you should consider the Island.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:40 PM
MI or Mercer Island has one of the best school districts in the state as an FYI. The quick route to Lakeside would be the I90 West to I5 North up to the 145th exit. Time of day greatly affects travel time. Google maps has a great feature that let's you check travel times according to current traffic. So if you make the drive at 7:30 am then check the travel time at that time of day. Great for planning commutes!

Old 03-29-2011, 06:53 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
I went to lakeside for 8 years (5th through 12th) and graduated in 1991. when I was there kids came from all neighborhoods. laurelhurst, medina, Windermere, west seattle, queen Anne, capital hill, mercer island, magnolia, etc

back then there was no bus service offered beyond metro

Old 03-29-2011, 08:38 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
oh and congratulations!
not easy to get in and a great place to go to school.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:49 PM
grambo is infamous around these partsgrambo is infamous around these parts
Not knowing where you work or what you want to spend, I would suggest looking for a house between I-5 and Lake Washington, anywhere from Laurelhurst north to Lake forest park. Lots of variety in price, size, geography within that area, and it would be a relatively short commute to Lakeside - maybe 15 minutes tops from Laurelhurst, I would think.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:00 PM
Eastside

And if you will be working on the Eastside and want a great buy between 550k and 1.2 might I suggest Kenmore. Seattle Magazine ranked it as the number one metropolitan neighborhood to raise a family. See the list here
http://copperlanternhomes.com/downloads/081109SeattleMagazine.pdf
If money isn't an obstacle I would stay with the advice of looking into MI. Either way, welcome to the area! There are lots of amazing drives.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:37 PM
grambo is infamous around these partsgrambo is infamous around these parts
Wowzers, 550k - 1.2 million?
I think for that much you'd be the king of Kenmore.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:49 PM
LOL! Most people forget Kenmore sits on the North end of Lake Washington. Not only does it have waterfront but Finn Hill slopes down to the lake for quite some distance offering amazing views of the lake and Olympics. You are right in implying there are homes under the 550K bench I set. Even in this market, I still see builders connecting to sewer and short platting their lots preparing for future development. It isn't uncommon to see an older home on a 1/2 acre next to two brand new higher end homes set up where the second home is a flag lot. I mentioned it not knowing any of the requirements merely because it is an excellent place to raise a family, it covers the whole price range, it offers a Golf and Country Club and the location is perfect for families traveling between Seattle and the Eastside.

But if you want to refer to me as the 'King of Kenmore'….my wife would have a problem with that

Old 04-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
I figure I should probably comment on this considering I have some experience with private schools. I currently go to Seattle Academy of arts and sciences and absolutely love it. I went to the bush school for middle school, and bertschi for elementary. I have no personal experience with lakeside, but I will tell you their reputation is very good but while being one of the best schools around, it is also one of the hardest. Just thought you should know it is harder than the average school, but I'm sure your kids will love it anyway.