Exotic at Redmond Town Center for May 21 & Remlinger Farms

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 04:14 AM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
As for the DBR2 revving. It wasn't what it looked like. We have a strict no revving policy. That's an actual race car and it won't just start and idle. Greg was doing what was necessary to make it run. He's very careful about his cars. I think you'd be astonished by the value of something like that.

Old 05-25-2011, 08:59 AM
ME-109 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TommyJames
As for the DBR2 revving. It wasn't what it looked like. We have a strict no revving policy. That's an actual race car and it won't just start and idle. Greg was doing what was necessary to make it run. He's very careful about his cars. I think you'd be astonished by the value of something like that.
$7 million...ish??? I'd let the engine warm up too... (ironically I have to do the same thing with my lawn mower)

Last edited by ME-109; 05-25-2011 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:55 AM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
I don't want to post what it is, but that's way low.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:59 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
You can't really put a number on the values of each of his toys. They're all simply "priceless" beyond measure.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Well, with only two, its really pure supply and demand, and if no one is willing to sell.... i figured double its 1985 selling price was a good place to start...

Its a beautiful car, and the engine is probably the best looking engine I've ever seen. And the history is priceless. Was a privilege to see it so close!

Old 05-25-2011, 01:20 PM
grambo is infamous around these partsgrambo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ME-109
$7 million...ish??? I'd let the engine warm up too... (ironically I have to do the same thing with my lawn mower)
Bah... that's almost Ferrari 250 money.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:32 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by grambo
Bah... that's almost Ferrari 250 money.
And he has one of those too.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Horhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to all
Thats the thing about the DBR2, they only made 2. Unlike the Ferrari 250s (GTOs and TRs) if you want a DBR2 you're talking to only 2 owners. Its truly awesome that we have had the opportunity to see this car on the street in the flesh.

I didn't think $7m was very close to the going price on 250 GTOs and TRs? I thought they were 2 and 3 times that price. Of course I don't exactly have the pulse of that market...

Old 05-25-2011, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Horhay
Thats the thing about the DBR2, they only made 2. Unlike the Ferrari 250s (GTOs and TRs) if you want a DBR2 you're talking to only 2 owners. Its truly awesome that we have had the opportunity to see this car on the street in the flesh.

I didn't think $7m was very close to the going price on 250 GTOs and TRs? I thought they were 2 and 3 times that price. Of course I don't exactly have the pulse of that market...
Good guess there, Brian...they're many times more than that.

Old 05-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Horhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to allHorhay is a name known to all
BTW, I don't know if Greg reads this forum but I for one would like to thank him for bringing out this piece of automotive history. It would be very easy to make a case for leaving the DBR2 locked up behind glass in a warehouse that most of us will never even know exists and I am very grateful that I've had the opportunity to see it at E@RTC as well as the historic races at Laguna Seca. Thank you very much Greg for sharing your vehicles with all of us!

Old 05-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Peter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud ofPeter1.8t has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TommyJames
After I shot that little clip I went over and watched the tach. He didnt take it past 2500rpms on that warm up, its astonishing (no pun intended) how loud that car was at such low revs. I agree, older cars take a little bit of work to get them going to a healthy idle.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:23 PM
I remember reading a GTO sold in the eighties for around $15m, not sure if that's adjusted for inflation. But I don't know much about classics either, so often it seems that the "mood" of a particular auction dictates prices.

Old 05-25-2011, 09:45 PM
fingershooter has a spectacular aura aboutfingershooter has a spectacular aura aboutfingershooter has a spectacular aura about
BTW, I don't know if Greg reads this forum but I for one would like to thank him for bringing out this piece of automotive history. It would be very easy to make a case for leaving the DBR2 locked up behind glass in a warehouse that most of us will never even know exists and I am very grateful that I've had the opportunity to see it at E@RTC as well as the historic races at Laguna Seca. Thank you very much Greg for sharing your vehicles with all of us!
I would personally like to second Horhay's thank you to Greg for sharing his tremendous collection of cars with us. While I personally do not own an exotic car, unless you believe the MINI to be exotic, I very much appreciate and admire the unique automotive creations shared at E@RTC. The generosity of all these owners to share their vehicles with other enthusiasts should not be overlooked or taken for granted.

I think we all need to take a vested interest in protecting this somewhat fragile endeavor in enduring. As we invite and encourage others to attend, we need to convey the principles that E@RTC is striving to operate to. It would be tragic to see E@RTC end because we didn’t strive to be something better. We collectively need to be courageous in our resolve.

This reminds me of a favorite quote of mine:

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important that fear. – Ambrose Redmoon

Shane

Old 05-25-2011, 10:10 PM
Wow, that was much more eloquent than mine. I guess I need to find a favorite quote that's a little more mature than my current favorite:

It's sad how a family can be torn apart by something as simple as a pack of wild dogs.
- Jack Handey

In all seriousness I agree with the sentiments expressed by Shane. I have wanted to organize a Subaru day at E@RTC. So far I haven't made a real effort because I worry that some in that crowd might cause problems due to showing off. I would hate to be the one who invited trouble to this gathering.

Tom, could you pass our thanks along to Greg?

Old 05-25-2011, 11:30 PM
Agreed! I've been doing all sorts of research on classic race cars these past couple of days. It's something that I've never paid much attention to before, but fantastic cars like these open up whole new worlds that some people, especially us young people, tend to overlook.
It's an experience to hear and see something like that up close rather than behind glass. I love E@RTC because you never know what is going to show up! I think it's wonderful that the owners are so cool about sharing their collections, especially these super rare classics. Thanks to everyone for making this event possible!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exotic at Redmond Town Center for May 21 & Remlinger Farms