Seattle's Team Petty Cash wins 24 Hour Endurance Race, in a Cherokee??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 06:57 PM
Christiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura about
Seattle's Team Petty Cash wins 24 Hour Endurance Race, in a Cherokee??

I am about to get on a plane to head back from Reno Fernley Raceway from the first ever West Coast full 24 Hour of Lemons race.
And the winner is.......................A 1989 JEEP CHEROKEE!!
Yes, you read that correctly! Team Petty Cash (Seattle), which I am a member of received the highest award of the weekend, the Index of Effluency! Without going into great detail, the award is given for the team getting the most from the least. There were actually complaints from other competitors about how fast we were! In fact, we weren't that fast, we actually outhandled most of the field with a 2WD 200,000 plus mile $200 Jeep Cherokee. 399 laps turned on a 240,000 mile junkyard motor and trans!
Out of 78 cars who started the race, the Cherokee finished an amazing 14th place over! We also finished 2nd in our class.
The Real Winner Is!
Me on the left with the stupid looking hat! IT WAS COLD, and I was unprepared!

Me at the wheel in the dry!

I also had a night stint highlighted by Snow, and Heavy Rain. The Jeep (2wd) handled it like a champion, only about 4 or 5 cars were faster than us in the rain. In car video coming soon!

Last edited by Christiancoach; 05-16-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:02 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Awesome

Old 05-15-2011, 09:26 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Awesome looking wing on the back! That rocks!

Old 05-15-2011, 10:03 PM
bandoon122 is infamous around these parts
Thats Epic!

Old 05-16-2011, 11:20 AM
flyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to behold
Looks like a fun race, Congrats!

Old 05-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
That looks like a BLAST. Congratulations on the win!

Old 05-16-2011, 02:47 PM
Christiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura about
Thanks to everyone for the comments! We had a BLAST, even though we almost froze. We had some technical challenges, operator error, with the Video and some of the photography. Note to self: don't sit outside in the freezing cold wind, at 3 in the morning, in the dark, with no sleep trying to transfer files from memory cards to hard drive.