FYI: Lynnwood/Edmonds Police Alert!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 10:46 AM
Christiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura about
FYI: Lynnwood/Edmonds Police Alert!

It finally happened! I got pulled over this morning for tint, and no front plate. The officer was very nice (Thankfully) and didn't give me a ticket. He tested my windows and they are 23%, and the legal limit is 24%. The proceeded to tell me I will still probably get tickets for it, because it looks darker??? WTFO???? He said that my rear window looks darker, and he can't test the rear window???? What about pickups with shells that they can't see out of, or Limos? I thought you could go all the way black on the rear? I am upset about this point, because my windows all the way around are LEGAL!

Of course my headlights are illegal so I get that. Had a discussion about the tinted tail lights as well. He said they are illegal because I tinted the reflectors. Also the quarter panel turns are "supposed to be amber". Funny, they came stock clear.

Of course then the front plate. I normally don't display it at all, but since I came across the Canada/US border last night, I had it in the front window. I told him it is a $3000 bumper and I just can't bring myself to drill into it. He laughed, and told me that it is almost a $200 ticket.

The kicker is that he told me that because of the "young guys trying to Murder Out their Hondas with rattle cans, the local police have decided to crack down on tinted, windows, tails, and such. THANKS RICERS!!!

I guess I will take the tint off the headlights. Maybe replace the reflectors on the diffuser.
Not sure about the plate. I am too low to run a retractable.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:55 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
selective revenue collection by trageting a specific demographic/group

this is ricial profiling

:-)

Old 06-28-2011, 12:33 PM
rutiger is infamous around these parts
i'm always confused when i see people with plates in their front window. that's not legal right? so why put it there?

Old 06-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Christiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by rutiger
i'm always confused when i see people with plates in their front window. that's not legal right? so why put it there?
Some of the people who put there plate in the front window are doing so because they feel they are less likely to get pulled over than with no front plate at all. I put it up there when I cross the border for a similar reason. I normally just leave it off.
The intention of my post was not to complain about getting pulled over. I know running no plate is illegal. I posted to let other people know to be careful. I am also a little mystified by his comment about my window tint. "You test legal, but it looks darker so you might still get a ticket." To me, that is like saying, I clocked you at 54 in a 55 zone, but your car looks faster than that, so here's a ticket." It made no sense to me.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:29 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the heads-up, I guess I won't be taking my Cayenne to Lynnwood. Hate dealing with small city cops.

Last edited by pcst; 06-28-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by Christiancoach
Some of the people who put there plate in the front window are doing so because they feel they are less likely to get pulled over than with no front plate at all. I put it up there when I cross the border for a similar reason. I normally just leave it off.
The intention of my post was not to complain about getting pulled over. I know running no plate is illegal. I posted to let other people know to be careful. I am also a little mystified by his comment about my window tint. "You test legal, but it looks darker so you might still get a ticket." To me, that is like saying, I clocked you at 54 in a 55 zone, but your car looks faster than that, so here's a ticket." It made no sense to me.
i've yet to be ticketed for lack of front plates. i'm sure it will happen someday. i have been asked about it a few times and i always just say it's in my garage, which is true. they tell me to put it on and i say sure i'll get right on that.

i've not been bothered in wa for my 20% tint. i think it's often a combination of things like in your case (tint, plate, lights, etc) and perhaps a little boredom on their part.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:57 PM
FerRrari is infamous around these parts
Having the front license plate in your front windshield seems pretty dangerous to me, I'd hate for the thing to come loose under heavy braking.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:12 PM
flyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to behold
Good to hear that he didn’t give you a ticket. I’m kind of confused about the 24% being legal... I always thought the State Law is 0% on windshield 35% front windows and rear windows behind the B pillar as dark as you wish. Has that change?

Old 06-28-2011, 02:30 PM
Originally Posted by flyingcesar
Good to hear that he didn’t give you a ticket. I’m kind of confused about the 24% being legal... I always thought the State Law is 0% on windshield 35% front windows and rear windows behind the B pillar as dark as you wish. Has that change?
yes, changed to 24 awhile ago

Old 06-28-2011, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by FerRrari
Having the front license plate in your front windshield seems pretty dangerous to me, I'd hate for the thing to come loose under heavy braking.
It is actually mounted using 4 small suction cups. It isn't coming off.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:58 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
I got dinged for no front plate on my NSX after leaving a Ferrari event at XXX rootbeer. Must have been because it was a Honda.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:01 PM
JS 997 T is infamous around these parts
Its all about the cop you get and how much he was picked on in highschool!!!

Old 06-28-2011, 04:28 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Sorta agreed with rutiger.

I love the yellow fog lights and have 'em on both 5-series and Cayenne.
I think the local cops love them which helped me to offset their attention to yellow fogs instead of my window & taillight tint (not sure how dark they are in terms of % wise but both came with the car when we bought it used).

Of course, I hate the look of having the front license plate, and I think the front license plate kills the bumper covers instead of the typical contacts between bumper to bumper. But I always have my front license plate on, just to prevent getting the ticket from cops.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:01 PM
willlangford is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by FerRrari
I got pulled for no front plate last year. I had it under the floormats in the back just so it was in the car. I showed him, then he thanked me for not having it on the front window. He said they are sharp and in the event of a wreck they don't want them to fly around. He also said you're more likely to get pulled with it in the window vs not visible at all. Basically out of sight, out of mind. Then he asked that I put it on when I get a chance. Go figure.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:15 AM
Huzeti is infamous around these partsHuzeti is infamous around these parts
There is a major reduction in police force in Lynnwood and is based on them being short budgeted, the rumor is 50% might have to go, I know one who is leaving due to these events and I'm glad in some way. I've been ticketed there for bs speeding scam and I avoid now that stupid city and it's the same with Edmonds imbeciles. My consolation is that the one in Lynnwood somehow is related to me since I used to date his wife years back, it was worth the ticket just to see his face...
P.S. whoever did this shameless behavior thing on my profile has a sense of humor and I like it.

Last edited by Huzeti; 06-30-2011 at 07:20 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FYI: Lynnwood/Edmonds Police Alert!