Body shop for 996TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Dr996TT is infamous around these parts
Body shop for 996TT

Any suggestions? I have a '02 996TT that was slightly hit from behind One quater is slightly buckled and the bumper is a goner. The engine was dropped and the left framerail is slightly tweeked. Jacob at Motoring Unlimited is going to put all mechanicals back (with new turbos, exhaust, injectors, throttle body, air box etc) but I need a recommendation for a body shop with a good record of frame work. Also, as long as I am replacing bumpers etc. I'd like to upgrade the bumper, side skirts and wing. Anybody know of a shop who has some experience with fiberglass and urathane pieces; like getting them to fit and look OEM. Thanks

Old 08-11-2011, 11:30 AM
Christiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura aboutChristiancoach has a spectacular aura about
Mark at Eurotek Bodywerks in Totem Lake did amazing work on my car, when no one else wanted to tackle my project.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:52 PM
grambo is infamous around these partsgrambo is infamous around these parts
+1 for Eurotech. I can't vouch for their frame work, but their paint and fiberglass work is excellent.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:28 PM
xeattle is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Give Joe Chapin a call at ACC Collision or PM him @ JoeACC here...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/member.php?u=4323

He does excellent work and owns a GT3. He's worked on several 6speedOnline Porsche's in the Puget Sound area...highly recommended.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...onversion.html

ACC Collision
28120 State Route 410 E # B9
Buckley, WA 98321-8717

Phone: (360) 829-9388

Last edited by xeattle; 08-11-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Please take my recommendation for what it's worth (not that much) as I've never had any body work done on my Porsche. That being said, I've marveled over Joe's magnificent GT3 many times at the eRTC meets and can tell you that I truly feel that if I needed any work done that his shop (ACC Collision) would be the first I'd consider based on the caliber of work done to his own Porsche. Good luck to you!

Old 08-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Steve at Queen City does amazing work. Barrier Porsche and FoS both use and recommend them.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:05 AM
seattle_s4 is infamous around these partsseattle_s4 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by grambo
+1 for Eurotech. I can't vouch for their frame work, but their paint and fiberglass work is excellent.
Eurotech all the way. Mark specializes in Porsches.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:33 AM
grambo is infamous around these partsgrambo is infamous around these parts
The best thing to do is look at a car that's been painted by the shop you're looking at.

There are a few local shops with excellent reputations whose work I have not been impressed with. (I won't name names, but they haven't been mentioned here yet.)

Old 08-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Dr996TT is infamous around these parts
Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm calling Joe Chapin this AM to see if he wants this project. I have the car in Belllevue at a shop that treats "Exotic" cars. Well they've dropped the engine, wont straighten the frame rail or pull the quarter panel, and want to give me my 996TT back in pieces. What an absolute clusterf**k! Can't say loud enough to stay away from shops who say they know P-cars, but can't, or won't deliver. WOW, I spent all afternoon reading the posts about Joe's 996-997GT3RS conversion. What an absolute BEAUTIFUL car, and professional job they did. Got me thinking about that stunning flat black paint job; I'll talk to Joe about some options for my project. Thanks again and I'll post the project when it's done. Jacob at Motoring Unlimited has been very helpful, and they'll be reinstalling the engine and building it: hopefully close to 700HP. We'll see

Old 08-12-2011, 11:50 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Marv Engstrom at Magic Customs in Lynnwood is very highly thought of by PCA guys.

I have had a good experience with Rich Little at Bel Red

I have see ACC work and met joe as well... I would also use him if he was closer to me.