Body work recommendations for my 997 -custom stuff-

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 04:10 PM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
That looks awesome! Could you tell me which front license plate solution you use?
Just a tow hook plate thing that I picked up at Barrier Porsche. Just screws into your tow hook location, so it makes it easy to take on/off (I carry the bumper cover piece in the glove box) and saves having the other permanent bracket.

I wouldn't run a plate at all except I already got dinged once for not having one. Not worth the trouble imo.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:56 PM
D-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud ofD-UberCars has much to be proud of
Looks great. Mark has the experience for the vent functioning. When installing the factory RS front on my 04 GT3 he was able to customize front venting for full functionality. Thus, the recommendation.
Care to share what one would expect to pay for the tow hook license plate holder?

Old 09-10-2011, 11:18 AM
DrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant futureDrVolkl has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by D-UberCars
Looks great. Mark has the experience for the vent functioning. When installing the factory RS front on my 04 GT3 he was able to customize front venting for full functionality. Thus, the recommendation.
Care to share what one would expect to pay for the tow hook license plate holder?
Yeah, we had the part but there's a lot of stuff up in the nose of the turbo... so unless I want to do what he called "more moderate modifications" we should just leave it as is for now. I'll re-visit it in the future as I run out of things to do to the car! lol

I think the plate holder was ~$50 to 100 at Barrier. I really can't recall.... I had just bought a set of the Fuchs rims from them, so they may have swung a deal with me at the time.
Regardless, it's a very well made piece.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:19 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
I think rennline makes a tow hook plate holder that is good

Old 09-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Thanks PJS...I'll explore both solutions.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:12 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Can you elaborate on the rear diffuser that you had installed to yours? And do you mind what they charged you to install the front vent? I've had mine lying around for a while because honestly I couldn't find anyone that I thought was good enough to install it. Send me via PM if you'd rather.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by atomic80
Can you elaborate on the rear diffuser that you had installed to yours? And do you mind what they charged you to install the front vent? I've had mine lying around for a while because honestly I couldn't find anyone that I thought was good enough to install it. Send me via PM if you'd rather.
The diffuser is a dry carbon (wrap?) that I got from Rottec... I'm not sure what it's a copy of, or if it's it's own make. Can't really see it in pictures because it blends in.... but from the rear my car looks a lot lower and chunkier in person.

I ended up using Mark at Eurotek... he did a really good job on the vent taking time to paint everything black inside the vent since you're now looking into your turbo's bumper where you shouldn't be. He'll also be willing to talk to you about making it functional, but as I've said, most of the air goes under the turbo, so basically it does nothing as it is... kinda like putting a hole in your hood or something, just nothing pushing air up and through it.

It's hard to pinpoint what the price of the install was since I had him make some custom brackets for my diffuser and shape it to make it fit better (it didn't fit "great" when I put it on, and it came with nothing to really attach it... typical?) but it ended up being around $1k

Eurotek is in totem lake, you should just go in and talk to em... Mark is a really nice guy.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:56 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Thanks Eric for the detailed info. It does look like Mark did a good job for you. I just had this done to my Turbo and you should do the same too.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:42 AM
Thanks Eric for the detailed info. It does look like Mark did a good job for you. I just had this done to my Turbo and you should do the same too.
Where do you get the mesh from and who installs that? Definitely a good idea...

Old 09-30-2011, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by DrVolkl
Where do you get the mesh from and who installs that? Definitely a good idea...
Motoring Unlimited put it in...they can do the same for you too.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:57 AM
Motoring Unlimited put it in...they can do the same for you too.
Do they have the mesh as well? Love those guys. I really need to get my suspension set up, that's my next focus.... getting sick of the feel of just the springs. I'll chat more in depth with you about it soon when I have more funds to blow.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:22 AM
I don't know if they have enough for another one but they can always order more if necessary. They need to get them "fitted" first then sent off to get powdercoated. Took a couple days.

What are you planning to have done to your suspension? Did you see my write-up about what I had done to mine?

Old 09-30-2011, 10:27 AM
I don't know if they have enough for another one but they can always order more if necessary. They need to get them "fitted" first then sent off to get powdercoated. Took a couple days.

What are you planning to have done to your suspension? Did you see my write-up about what I had done to mine?
Yeah, I'd like to copy what you did. Just not right now.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by DrVolkl
Yeah, I'd like to copy what you did. Just not right now.