Porsche vs. Mini & NW HARVEST Challenge - 03 Dec '11

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 12:00 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Porsche vs. Mini & NW HARVEST Challenge - 03 Dec '11

It's that time of year again. Last years event was a blast and we had a great turnout! I think we had over 200 cars last year. I know we took up huge lot at Marymore Park.

The PSMINI club is ramping up for this again this year. I know this is a Porsche board for the most part, but there are several MINI/Mini owners on here too . Here is some of the basic information (mainly for the MINI side):

Mini/Porsche Challenge II What is this? How did it start?

It is: A community effort to raise food and money for Northwest Harvest.

It started: By an innocent article in Spiel, the magazine of the local Porsche Club, written by the Social Chair and Director at Large of the Pacific Northwest Region of the Porsche Club of America (PNWR).

The article mentioned the effort of a much smaller club, Puget Sound MINI Motoring Club (PSMINI), in donating to Northwest Harvest. All good, right? But the article went on to tout the “SIZE and STRENGTH” of his club, the PNWR of the Porsche Club of America. All good again, but…?

It sounded to some that PNWR could do a much better job in raising food and funds than this little PSMINI car club. Well, it seems the author of this article didn’t consider that one reader belonged to both clubs and was involved in the previous efforts of the much smaller club.

The outcome was a “CHALLENGE” that was accepted and adopted by both organizations, with in over 100 cars participating, loaded with food donations and over $5,000.00 in monetary donations. The WINNER-----------NORTHWEST HARVEST!

Members of both clubs are fortunate and caring individuals that also like competition! But, more importantly, they believe the overall health of their community is critical to their way of life.Their goal, expend effort to enrich the community and add a “FUN TWIST” to the whole thing. Pretty cool!!!!

We have a Facebook page - If you are registered with Facebook, go visit the page and share with all your friends:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/MINIPo...508756?sk=wall

Plan on being at Overlake Christian Church @ 11:00 am on Dec 3, 2011. (http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Overla...Church+Redmond)
Bring your MINI or Porsche filled to the brim with food. Can’t bring food? Don’t despair -- hop in your car and motor down with a check, for whatever you can afford, made payable to Northwest Harvest.

BE A PART OF YOUR COMMUNITY-------ENJOY YOUR CAR and YOUR FELLOW CAR NUTS, and come out and receive a very special sense of accomplishment through your generosity.

We are hoping to see everyone from last years “Challenge” plus many more MINI and Porsche owners supporting our community.

Cheers!

This was copied from the PSMINI board. Rather than link to it (as I know we're not supposed to link to other boards), I'll try and coordinate and pass on information. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
James

Old 11-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
I'll be there in the 911.

Hopefully we can all make it to the drop off point as a group.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:15 AM
Boomers996tt is infamous around these parts
James, thanks for getting this up.

Hope that everyone with a Mini participates in this event. Had a blast last year. Even if you have a Porsche, come on out and hang out with fellow car nuts. Last year we had a great turnout and a great time.

Need to get more participation this year. Plus this year the event doesn't conflict with Toys for Tots, another great event.

Hunger should not exist in our country, IMHO and this is a chance to make a difference in our community.

So if you have a Mini, PLEASE come out! If you have a Porsche, PLEASE come out! If you have both, PLEASE USE THE MINI. The Porsche Club has like 1650 members here in the PNWR so they have the #'s.

Hope to see new & old faces at the event!

Cheers!

Old 11-09-2011, 08:19 AM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Last year was great. The only item that came up was NW Harvest's ability to track what club donated what? Kind of minor in the large scheme of things however. Last year we had a great donation from Mark on behalf of the MINI club even though he drove out in his CGT. Good times all around.....

Old 11-09-2011, 07:34 PM
FerRrari is infamous around these parts
If I bring my MINI we can a BBQ...

Attached Images  
Old 11-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FerRrari
OMG, what's the back story on that one?

Old 12-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FerRrari
Oh man, that does not look good!

Old 12-04-2011, 08:11 PM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
On the r50/53 there were a couple of fires caused by the electric power steering pump. This was one of the fewer r56’s to have caught on fire. I don’t remember ever hearing the final cause of the fire though. Did you ever get another mini or would you ever get another one? I remember hearing something about a discount on you next one since…