Winter Ready!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 12:33 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Winter Ready!

Ordered the new Bridgestone Potenza 970AS Pole Position from Tirerack through Damon last week and it arrived WA from NV in 1 day!

Got them mounted on my stock Carrera S II wheels today at MU. The initial feeling in 5 degree Celsius rain is that the car feels pretty planted on highway speed and they are SIGNIFICANTLY more QUIET than the stock PS2s. I'll take a trip to Leavenworth in a couple weeks so it would be a good try out time for the tires to see how they perform.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:17 PM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
Keep us informed how they do . I made appt to put newly bought winter Pirelli 240 sottozero serie II with black oz ultraleggerra HLT wheels on my C4S on in early Dec at Tru-line in Seattle. Got black lug bolts from Vivid racing for a cleaner look. Bought 19s because I may want to keep the black wheels on during summer with the PSS mounted.

Old 11-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Loubaru is infamous around these parts
I'm using those as "winter" tires on my Subaru and they get the job done pretty well for Western WA winters. The are great in the rain, pretty good in light snow, decent in heavy snow, and pretty bad in ice/snow mixture. They are just a all season tire so I guess I shouldn't expect them to do awesome in the snow.

I don't snowboard/ski or anything so they work well for me. If I planned on taking multiple trips up to the mountains I probably would have gotten a real winter tire.