Wheel Powder Coating in Seattle - Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Dreamliner is infamous around these parts
Wheel Powder Coating in Seattle - Recommendations?

Hi everyone,
Thanks for viewing my post. I am thinking of powder coating my stock E46 M3 competition package wheels. Do you have any powder coat shop recommendations?

Please let me know!

Old 12-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Mukilteo Powdercoating does a good job and pretty reasonable. Just be aware that if you powder coat a wheel and curb damage it, it likely can't be fixed again, while paint is repairable.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Pressman is infamous around these parts
I had mine done in Seattle last summer...This place is in Ballard, the quality control is very high, and I was surprised at what it cost; Only $100 per wheel for a Carrera 4S

seattlepowdercoat.com

Old 12-07-2012, 06:45 AM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
Cascade Wheel in Lynnwood is my choice for all wheel repair and service needs. The owners name is Mike if I recall correctly, and their prices are fair and their service is great. I've had them perform several services for me now, including 2 different types of wheel repairs. They also do painting and powdercoating, and one of my friends was happy with their powdercoating service. Best wishes!

Old 12-07-2012, 06:41 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Powder vision
Preston, WA

Old 12-10-2012, 09:02 PM
2112 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by detailjohn
Just be aware that if you powder coat a wheel and curb damage it, it likely can't be fixed again, while paint is repairable.
Why is that?

Old 12-11-2012, 01:24 PM
grambo is infamous around these partsgrambo is infamous around these parts
You can't buff out and or touch up nicks and scratches in the plastic powdercoating as easily as you can with paint.

Old 12-16-2012, 12:20 PM
2112 is infamous around these parts
But you can strip and re-coat, no?

Old 12-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 2112
But you can strip and re-coat, no?

With paint if the wheel is damaged, it can be epoxied with some really great resins that are permanent, and repainted. You can't use any type of filler when powdercoating, but the wheel can be grounded down if there is enough metal and recoated. In this case it would need to be fully blasted before coating, and at this point it's extremely expensive to fix. I recommend talk to the guys at Queen City Auto Rebuild and get a good paint job on the wheels and you'll be much happier if the unexpected happens.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:18 PM
SpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to behold
detailjohn makes a good point that you need to have a all-metal repair job to have the powdercoat done. This can be more expensive but gives you a more durable finish. If you find that you curb your wheels a lot, the paint might be a good idea for the lips though. We actually just had a set of wheels for a E39 M5 repaired and powder-coated. Looks great, and will hold up to a lot of abuse.

Attached Images  
Old 12-19-2012, 08:48 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by SpeedwareMotorsports
detailjohn makes a good point that you need to have a all-metal repair job to have the powdercoat done. This can be more expensive but gives you a more durable finish. If you find that you curb your wheels a lot, the paint might be a good idea for the lips though. We actually just had a set of wheels for a E39 M5 repaired and powder-coated. Looks great, and will hold up to a lot of abuse.
Wow great work. Those look perfect!

Old 12-19-2012, 10:28 AM
SpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to beholdSpeedwareMotorsports is a splendid one to behold
Here are some more photos now that the car is done. Hope you guys like the results.

Attached Images    
Old 12-21-2012, 05:24 PM
Saggio is infamous around these parts
I've used Northwest Powdercoating in Sea-Tac and they do a great job!

I also tried American Powder Coating in Auburn, the wheels came out just ok. (Had a few runs of paint here and there)

Old 12-23-2012, 09:28 PM
pcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the roughpcst is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Steve Theodore
Cascade Wheel in Lynnwood
Gets my vote, they fixed my e39 wheels twice, not powder coating though, but I like their work.