Ticket in New Jersey

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 06:29 PM
TT/T is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AWR Tuning
Along with all of this my brother in law is a LEO so I see how it all works. You give way too much credit to people that work in the courts & DMV.
I said "can be" not necessarily "will be".

So I guess the judge's little speach about how it "can be" is just a scare tactic...

Old 09-09-2008, 06:31 PM
Banned
Maciej is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TT/T
I said "can be" not necessarily "will be".

So I guess the judge's little speach about how it "can be" is just a scare tactic...
The judges try to do everything they can to change your ways, to make you a driver that will abide by all of the laws. In reality nothing at all will happen, the only infractions that truly transfer over are DUI's.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:38 PM
The judges try to do everything they can to change your ways, to make you a driver that will abide by all of the laws. In reality nothing at all will happen, the only infractions that truly transfer over are DUI's.
Ok, I see your point.

But your post #13 suggested not fighting the ticket at all.

Why give the minicipality more money than you should?

Old 09-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Banned
Its pointless to fight the ticket unless its a DUI. I should have made that more clear.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:46 PM
Its pointless to fight the ticket unless its a DUI. I should have made that more clear.
Pointless or not, I got one ticket dismissed and the other one reduced.

If I took your advise, its the same as sending the minicipality a blank check.

Old 09-10-2008, 05:43 AM
boxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud of
Pointless or not, I got one ticket dismissed and the other one reduced.

If I took your advise, its the same as sending the minicipality a blank check.
I agree...IMO, there is no harm in always fighting the ticket regardless of whether or not the insurance co. finds out about it because if you do fight the ticket, chances are you either get a reduced plea deal with lower fines/points (no points important to me because I was about to transfer my license to NJ where I got the ticket) or get lucky and have a charge dismissed.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:15 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by boxtaboy
I agree...IMO, there is no harm in always fighting the ticket regardless of whether or not the insurance co. finds out about it because if you do fight the ticket, chances are you either get a reduced plea deal with lower fines/points (no points important to me because I was about to transfer my license to NJ where I got the ticket) or get lucky and have a charge dismissed.
There are two sides to looking at this entire situation. One is that in the end it doesn't affect your insurance rates if its just paid and taken care of, in the grand scheme of things depending on the infraction by actually going to court to settle everything WILL come out more expensive. For example if you received a 4 point ticket for lets say 83 in a 55, in order for you to have it dropped to no points your paying $450 (w/ the Unsafe Driving), opposed to a $1xx.xx fine for the ticket itself. You also have to remember the time lost because you are not working and at present in court.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:39 AM
boxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud ofboxtaboy has much to be proud of
There are two sides to looking at this entire situation. One is that in the end it doesn't affect your insurance rates if its just paid and taken care of, in the grand scheme of things depending on the infraction by actually going to court to settle everything WILL come out more expensive. For example if you received a 4 point ticket for lets say 83 in a 55, in order for you to have it dropped to no points your paying $450 (w/ the Unsafe Driving), opposed to a $1xx.xx fine for the ticket itself. You also have to remember the time lost because you are not working and at present in court.
True, it really depends on each person's situation. In my case, if I took the initial deal offered by the PA (lowering the speed at which I was caught), my fine would be lowered to $95 from the 4 point infraction from the $230 fine. If I wasn't planning on moving to NJ and transfering my license, I would've stopped there. I personally opted to ask for the no points deal because because I knew I was getting the NJ license soon, however, so it did end up costing me $380 total instead. In TT/T's case, fighting the ticket really did make sense because he also got the Careless Driving charge dismissed.

Old 09-10-2008, 07:41 AM
Banned
True, it really depends on each person's situation. In my case, if I took the initial deal offered by the PA (lowering the speed at which I was caught), my fine would be lowered to $95 from the 4 point infraction from the $230 fine. If I wasn't planning on moving to NJ and transfering my license, I would've stopped there. I personally opted to ask for the no points deal because because I knew I was getting the NJ license soon, however, so it did end up costing me $380 total instead. In TT/T's case, fighting the ticket really did make sense because he also got the Careless Driving charge dismissed.
I agree, I myself has always fought tickets because I'm a NJ resident and for some time I was for lack of better words an idiot and racked up a handful of tickets. (On the top right of the cork board)

Old 09-10-2008, 07:57 AM
I agree, I myself has always fought tickets because I'm a NJ resident and for some time I was for lack of better words an idiot and racked up a handful of tickets. (On the top right of the cork board)
Haha. Sweet. I try to hide my tickets, as I don't want to remind myself constantly how dumb I was for getting them in the first place. LOL

Old 09-10-2008, 08:01 AM
Banned
Haha. Sweet. I try to hide my tickets, as I don't want to remind myself constantly how dumb I was for getting them in the first place. LOL
Now I'm lucky enough to have a brother in law thats a cop so it all works out, at one of our meets I got pulled over for fully hanging out of the car window taking shots and he just wanted to bust my *****, no tickets or anything

Old 09-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Haha. LOL
+1

AWR: Thx for sharing...

Old 09-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Banned
+1

AWR: Thx for sharing...
Its nothing, I love helping people out with tickets, alot of the people that go on my meet&twisties runs I cover for and the brother in law vouches for anyone that runs with me. Its a nice benefit.