To those who challenged parking ticket...NYC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 07:36 AM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
To those who challenged parking ticket...NYC

Guys,

Had a quick question to those who have challenged parking tickets. There was an incident in Jan 09 @ 4am Fri night in NYC which I had pulled over into the first “spot” I saw which happened to be a hydrant to let some friends out of the car. I walk with them as they get some food from a stand as I monitor the car.

Sure enough, a traffic car pulls up so I run back and take off. Officer never even had a chance to grab any information.

Now, 3 months later, I get a notice in the mail stating I didn’t respond to the original notice (never got one) and NYC was going to issue a default judgment if I didn’t respond to this notice. (Also added $30 penalty now as I didn’t respond to the notice I never got…)

My question is, for the situation above, has anyone challenged this? On the online scan, I see the officer signed a statement stating:

“I affirm under penalty of perjury that I personally observed the offense charged above, if the operator was present I indicted operator indicted ID refused and personally served this notice. If operator was not present or refused notice, I affixed notice to vehicle”

This was neither case…on the online ticket, there are spots for Plate Expiration date, VIN #, which are both empty for obvious reasons. The only thing she got was my rear plate number, state, and Make as I pulled out and she was still behind me.

Any ideas? Was about to just pay it but figured I’d ask first!

Thanks

Old 04-22-2009, 08:41 AM
emturbo has a spectacular aura aboutemturbo has a spectacular aura about
you could probably fight it, but don't know if it is worth taking off work for it... how much was the ticket? Every town/city has cops out to ticket anything and everything they can since tax revenue is down.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:27 AM
s14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to beholds14roller is a splendid one to behold
$115 + $30 fine ... I assume the $30 is the fee for not responding to the "first" notice.

Def. not worth taking a day off work to fight it...

Just was wondering if I had any other options...just doesn't seem right for a traffic cop to be able to ticket someone after they already left...I'd understand the ticket if I actually left it there overnight or something...

Old 04-22-2009, 06:49 PM
multiowner is infamous around these parts
Just go to the NYC/Finance website and fill Request an Online Hearing (Hearing-by-Web)
State that you never received ticket on said date. Upon review of ticket scan, I obseved that this ticket is defective.

They will send you a notice in mail offering a reduced fine, or ask if you would like to proceed to have a decission rendered. Reply that you want a decission. You will be found not guilty for defective ticket.

Good Luck.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:34 AM
Thanks guys, I have a 1 page letter typed up and will be going this route.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:34 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Jack are you running away from the police now? lol
was this in the pcar or the bimmer?

Old 04-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Lol...well, I ran into the car before she even got out of her car and pulled out...it's like people who doublepark and leave when the cop car comes and waves at them....

was in the m...

Old 04-23-2009, 12:02 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
did you give her the finger before you left? haha