Long Island - Airport Runway Rental for High Speed Runs - Interested?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 11:03 PM
BLAKPIXI is infamous around these parts
If this is still on, I'm totally in.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:58 PM
Igor180° is infamous around these parts
If you end up having a problem getting people to come, let me know, I can probably get at least 30 cars to do this.

I'm so down.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:38 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
I'm in, it doesn't matter what day or night, I'm there. i could bring 2 to 3 other's. Please keep me posted.
p.s also would you have a sec's clock, to track our times.... thanks

Old 10-18-2009, 06:06 PM
nyspeedfreak is infamous around these parts
hey guys..don't mean to thread jack or anything, but another airport run is going down next friday, Oct 30th. We have the runway from 10am-3pm and its a 1/2 mile by 60 feet wide. It's located about an hour west of the GWB. VBox and radar gun are gonna be available so you can have data from each run, ie: trap speeds, 1/4 miles times...the organizer has another post in the NE section, PM me if you would like the registration info and can't get a hold of the organizer...
...Hopefully you guys can see I'm just trying to give everyone a heads up that something is going down soon...DEF look forward to when this runway event that OXYGEN is putting together also!!!

Old 10-19-2009, 09:35 AM
FERRAROKID is infamous around these parts
ny airfield

Did this ever get off the ground (no pun) ? ?

I have a dozen people really interested ! !

Old 10-19-2009, 10:13 AM
xquizitcustoms is a jewel in the roughxquizitcustoms is a jewel in the roughxquizitcustoms is a jewel in the roughxquizitcustoms is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by nyspeedfreak
hey guys..don't mean to thread jack or anything, but another airport run is going down next friday, Oct 30th. We have the runway from 10am-3pm and its a 1/2 mile by 60 feet wide. It's located about an hour west of the GWB. VBox and radar gun are gonna be available so you can have data from each run, ie: trap speeds, 1/4 miles times...the organizer has another post in the NE section, PM me if you would like the registration info and can't get a hold of the organizer...
...Hopefully you guys can see I'm just trying to give everyone a heads up that something is going down soon...DEF look forward to when this runway event that OXYGEN is putting together also!!!

Yeah this one is on for sure...same here if anyone needs info just PM me or nyspeedfreak

Old 10-19-2009, 11:49 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
can someobody send me the info? thanks

jason.h.lu@gmail.com

Old 10-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by angldrkns9
can someobody send me the info? thanks

jason.h.lu@gmail.com
info sent Jason! Look forward to meeting ya on the 30th!

EDIT: my bad, you meant for the LI runway event...don't have that info. I would also like to know about the LI runway event if anyone has info on it. thx

Old 10-21-2009, 12:42 PM
sakimano is infamous around these partssakimano is infamous around these parts
the 30th event has morphed from a 1/2 mile runway event into a 1/4 mile track night at E-town.

SOMEONE DO AN AIRSTRIP EVENT!!!

On Audizine, there are a few dozen guys who are jonesing to compare the V8 S4 with supercharger kit from PES or VF Engineering to a V8 S4 with a full compliment of JHM mods vs. fully stock S4 vs. fully stock RS4 vs. supercharged RS4.

1/4 mile isn't ideal for 3800 pound 4 door sedans...but a rolling run for 1 mile is.

Any news on proper runway events? i.e. not the e-town threadjack event.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by sakimano
the 30th event has morphed from a 1/2 mile runway event into a 1/4 mile track night at E-town.

SOMEONE DO AN AIRSTRIP EVENT!!!

On Audizine, there are a few dozen guys who are jonesing to compare the V8 S4 with supercharger kit from PES or VF Engineering to a V8 S4 with a full compliment of JHM mods vs. fully stock S4 vs. fully stock RS4 vs. supercharged RS4.

1/4 mile isn't ideal for 3800 pound 4 door sedans...but a rolling run for 1 mile is.

Any news on proper runway events? i.e. not the e-town threadjack event.
Not to take this thread off topic and away from OXYGEN's event..but your statements are incorrect.

1st- its a 8 hour Private strip rental at Englishtown from 8:30am to 4:30pm. Not at night. And with a limited registration list of only 40 cars, thats A LOT of track time for each car.
2nd- We DID have an airstrip rented, but no-one stepped up when it time came to register and we had to switch the location in order to have something worth some fun.
3rd-My intent was not to thread jack, as I stated in my original post in this thread, but to provide an opportunity for fellow car enthusiasts to be able to run their pride and joy's on something that can't be done often.

When OXYGEN does get this LI airport runway event off the ground, I along with about 20 cars will be signing up for it right away as well. As OXYGEN can confirm, getting an airport event set up is NOT an easy task and takes a lot of time and effort.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:05 PM
Tj

whoa dude...take it easy. I was trying to differentiate between the event this thread was about (an actual runway event) vs. the Oct 30th 1/4 mile day at etown. I think the true excitement here was for a 2 mile long runway...not a 1/4 mile runway or 1/4 mile event. That's why you had trouble getting enough bodies to make it worthwhile. Why not join forces rather than creating competing events?

Just trying to get back on track.

p.s. It's definitely a thread jack...how is it not?

Last edited by sakimano; 10-21-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by sakimano
whoa dude...take it easy. I was trying to differentiate between the event this thread was about (an actual runway event) vs. the Oct 30th 1/4 mile day at etown. I think the true excitement here was for a 2 mile long runway...not a 1/4 mile runway or 1/4 mile event. That's why you had trouble getting enough bodies to make it worthwhile. Why not join forces rather than creating competing events?

Just trying to get back on track.

p.s. It's definitely a thread jack...how is it not?
no worries man...wasn't trying to get in your face or anything...just wanted the info to be correct for people that are interested in the etown event. I would also rather do a high speed 1-2 mile event, and will when we or someone can get something set up. Just so you are aware-info wise, if you have a 1 or 2 mile runway, the actual run distance will usually be less (for braking space). we had a 1/2 mile runway originally, but only 1/4 mile can be used to go all out...with that said, 1 mile should be easily enough for us to have some fun on and try to get to top speed

edit: if you look at my original post about the 30th event, in post #64, I didn't mention anything about etown, just another runway event that was supposed to happen. no worries

Old 10-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by nyspeedfreak
no worries man...wasn't trying to get in your face or anything...just wanted the info to be correct for people that are interested in the etown event. I would also rather do a high speed 1-2 mile event, and will when we or someone can get something set up. Just so you are aware-info wise, if you have a 1 or 2 mile runway, the actual run distance will usually be less (for braking space). we had a 1/2 mile runway originally, but only 1/4 mile can be used to go all out...with that said, 1 mile should be easily enough for us to have some fun on and try to get to top speed
yeah, that's probably why the 1/2 mile idea had trouble.

Where was that anyway? Never got an address.

The long island place sounds great since

a) they're flexible
b) they're big
c) they're basically dead...'smaller' runway is not in use.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:25 PM
gt2rs6 has a spectacular aura aboutgt2rs6 has a spectacular aura about
i hope it works out!!!!

Old 11-16-2009, 12:02 AM
asialors996 has a spectacular aura aboutasialors996 has a spectacular aura aboutasialors996 has a spectacular aura about
Me and a buddy are down if you get approval

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Long Island - Airport Runway Rental for High Speed Runs - Interested?