Long Island - Airport Runway Rental for High Speed Runs - Interested?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 11:12 PM
Oxygen is infamous around these parts
Arrow Long Island - Airport Runway Rental for High Speed Runs - Interested?

This old airport used to be the Naval Weapons Industrial Reserve Plant which was later owned by Grumman and they built and tested jets out there.

Now the place is owned by the town of River Head and the only air traffic there is from Sky Dive Long Island.

There are two runways, one is 10K feet and the other is 7K feet. The longer runway is active and the other is not in use. 7K feet is about 1.3 miles.

I want to approach the town of Riverhead about renting the closed runway for a day for high speed runs/drag racing.

I am thinking that the entry fee should be between $50 and $100 per car, and if we get around 100 people to come out this would equal $5000 to $10,000 that the town could make for doing absolutely nothing.

Insurance comes to mind so some sort of a liability waiver will have to be drafted.

Please let me know if anyone would be interested, this would be an epic day filled with racing and an overall great car meet.

Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...h&z=15&iwloc=A

More information on Naval Weapons Industrial Reserve Plant:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvert...cutive_Airpark

Some pictures:

Old 06-16-2009, 07:34 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^hells yeah!!!!!!

Old 06-16-2009, 09:37 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
i would def be interested! count me in

Old 06-16-2009, 10:22 AM
Oxygen is infamous around these parts
Well that's 2 people.. 98 left to go!

Old 06-16-2009, 11:36 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Get the confirmation, and I will bring the people.....DON'T YOU WORRY!!!!!

Old 06-16-2009, 11:40 AM
BTW - Have you thought about a couple of VENDORS who'd be willing to just pony up $500 to $1000 to market themselves. It's just 100 cars alone that'll be there, imagine the spectators as well.......That's worth it's weight in gold right there. I can work to see if we can get some support from a couple charitable organizations as well and get some publicity again from the TopGear.com folks like Midnight Run.....

Old 06-16-2009, 01:41 PM
Tug68 is infamous around these parts
I`m in, sound`s awesome!!!!!

Last edited by Tug68; 06-16-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:03 PM
J08M3 is infamous around these parts
I'm down... Keep me posted

Old 06-16-2009, 02:34 PM
LarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to allLarryP is a name known to all
I am there just book it if you can.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:35 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
I'm in, no doubt. Keep me posted PLEASE

Old 06-17-2009, 06:11 AM
r34dy2walk is infamous around these parts
I'd be down to use the WHOLE airport hahaha but if this does take off, let me know.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:44 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
I'm in and I know that there are definately some friends of mine that would run. DO IT!

Old 06-17-2009, 07:47 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Count me..and about twenty other people in if this goes through

Old 06-17-2009, 02:54 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
i'm in and i think i can speak for many revmat.ch people as well. Keep me posted, if anything shoot me a PM when your ready to go.

Old 06-17-2009, 07:37 PM
John156e is infamous around these parts
yes please. you know anyone in the town to get this done.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Long Island - Airport Runway Rental for High Speed Runs - Interested?