Avon, Simsbury, West Hartford, etc....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 02:10 PM
Slakr is infamous around these parts
Avon, Simsbury, West Hartford, etc....

I see TONS of 911's running around in this area.....anyone else on here from the Hartford area?? Are there any informal meeting spots, or favorite drives that I should be aware of?? I just moved here from Michigan, where 911's were a little more rare, and we seemed to gravitate toward each other more....P.S. How come nobody waves here?? I thought that was a standard Porsche courtesy???

Old 08-11-2009, 08:47 AM
sgnl05 is infamous around these parts
That sounds exactly like CT. You can find friendly people here and there but almost never behind the wheel.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:51 AM
birmy is infamous around these parts
I am in the area I don't have a 911 but a hardtop 6 speed Supra. I would like to start a cars and coffee event like so many other areas but it maybe to late in the season at this point.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:55 PM
sgnl05 is infamous around these parts
Birmy -
I heard there were some guys doing a similar weekly event with some really nice cars. Apparently, they've gone under the radar to distance themselves from some foolish behavior and have changed venues several times. I can't say for sure, just the rumors I've heard.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by sgnl05
Birmy -
I heard there were some guys doing a similar weekly event with some really nice cars. Apparently, they've gone under the radar to distance themselves from some foolish behavior and have changed venues several times. I can't say for sure, just the rumors I've heard.

I can completely understand why they would do that. I can not drive my car without some idiot driving erratically to either get me to race or just take a picture. It doesn't make my Sunday drives as relaxing as I always dreamed they would be.

This is the reason I would like to meet up with people that are a little more understanding of a man that just wants to enjoy his car with other enthusiasts and without the worry of speed racer rear ending me.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:35 AM
I received a pm about a meet locally but havent got my post count up enough to respond so I wanted to bump this thread up.
Pitchers and catchers report in just a few days so that means the warmer weather is on the way.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:54 AM
No Name is infamous around these partsNo Name is infamous around these parts
I would be very interested in meeting up with some fellow CT folks when the weather breaks. It might be a neat idea to move the meeting locations around the state.