Anyone going to Jones Beach on Sunday?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 08:05 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Anyone going to Jones Beach on Sunday?

I've never made the CapTree run, but I have a one-year-old's birthday party on Long Island on Sunday, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Do people still meet at this time of the year? Thanks.
-Seth

Old 03-02-2010, 08:19 AM
cshsia is infamous around these parts
I've never made a run there either. Car's been in the shop for a week and half now, can't wait to take it out for a spin.

Any regulars know if there's anything going on this Sunday?

Old 03-02-2010, 08:42 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
I figure, worst case, I can make some high speed runs on Ocean Parkway, and try not to get arrested. I haven't gotten a ticket down there since a Park Ranger (I'm not kidding) claimed that he "paced" me at 75 while he was sitting still and I circled the round-about in my M3 ten years ago. That may have been the least deserved ticket I have ever received. We went to court, I explained my case, the officer explained his, and the judge threw out the case. This guy explaining how physics don't apply at Jones Beach was like listening to the "I'm a fast cook, I guess" guy from My Cousin Vinny.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:15 AM
what time do people usually gather over there? I'm working on a software project that requires some recording of exotic engine sounds, maybe some will be willing to help.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:17 AM
Originally Posted by cshsia
what time do people usually gather over there? I'm working on a software project that requires some recording of exotic engine sounds, maybe some will be willing to help.
No clue. I know it's normally "early" when it's nice out, but that's all relative.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:20 AM
xquizitcustoms is a jewel in the roughxquizitcustoms is a jewel in the roughxquizitcustoms is a jewel in the roughxquizitcustoms is a jewel in the rough
Some guys I know were there 2 weeks ago they said it was a good turn out...i'll keep you guys in touch if anyone I know is heading out on Sunday. I know i'll be out this Sunday just don't know where, the weather is looking really good so far

Last edited by xquizitcustoms; 03-03-2010 at 08:33 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:26 PM
Sounds good. Does everyone go to Captree, or are there other spots along Jones Beach?

Old 03-02-2010, 06:07 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Funny this topic came up, I just got a call from a friend who told there should be
a big turn-out this Sunday, usually the gathering starts early, around 8-8:30 till about 10-10:30, I think I'm gonna make my way down there, hopefully I'll see you guys there.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:57 PM
John156e is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by nyamg
Funny this topic came up, I just got a call from a friend who told there should be
a big turn-out this Sunday, usually the gathering starts early, around 8-8:30 till about 10-10:30, I think I'm gonna make my way down there, hopefully I'll see you guys there.

keep me posted. havent used my car in weeks

Old 03-02-2010, 09:49 PM
ok, I think I'll head out there with my audio recording equipment and prototype app running on my iPhone. I'm hoping some one would be able to lend a hand with this app, and this is definitely the place
Look for the tall Asian guy with the black, completely stock AMV8.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:40 AM
Originally Posted by nyamg
Where exactly do people meet up? It's at Captree, somewhere, right? I'll be the guy with the grey Turbo. (And a walking cane with flames on it. No Joke.)

Old 03-03-2010, 07:23 AM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
i believe it is Captree

Old 03-03-2010, 02:43 PM
pistolpete is infamous around these parts
If it's a nice day, and it seems to be so far in the forecast, expect cars to start showing up by 7:30-8AM. I expect a large turnout this Sunday given how bad the weather has been recently. Everyone has cabin fever. I know I need to burn off at least 1/2 a tank of gas that has been in the car for a month.

After Captree, you may want to head over to the Tobay Beach parking lot for a bit, it's about 10 miles west of Captree on Ocean Parkway.

The NY Metro Porsche Club will be holding their first auto cross of the year in the lot. It's always fun to see some cars being flogged.

I'll probably stop by Captree and then head to Tobay. Look for the guy with the big Nikon lens and monopod.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Captree+State+Park,+Baby lon,+NY+11702+(Capt.+Gillen)&daddr=Tobay+Beach,+Ba bylon,+Nassau,+New+York+11702&geocode=FRAlbAIdEjui-yHJneeCFvaohA%3BFfeuawIdM4Sf-ykxX6tkQ9bpiTF7ZGe47PAHzA&hl=en&mra=pe&mrcr=0&sll= 40.626691,-73.343069&sspn=0.218097,0.318947&ie=UTF8&ll=40.625 419,-73.343353&spn=0.218102,0.318947&z=12

Last edited by pistolpete; 03-03-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:07 PM
That sounds great, can't wait to check it out. 7:30 means I'll need to leave home at 6:45, LOL. Don't want to drive too fast and get a ticket on the way.

I'll go with my audio equipment in the trunk, hopefully we can find some people who are willing to let me record their engine. A few seconds at 3 to 4k rpm will do. It is a lot of cables to deal with though to get the mics hooked up. I'll have a special shout out in the iPhone app's "About" page for you, your company, or whoever you choose to honor.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Fatal Flash is infamous around these parts
Hey guys...i went 2 weeks ago it was good. Id love to go again this sunday. Ill stop by the thread on saturday to see how everyone else chimes in. I think ill come through again this weekend.

Im a young lookin guy in a Black m6 with vorsteiner trunk. Dont hesitate to say hi if i'm there

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone going to Jones Beach on Sunday?