Look at this NYPD police car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 12:51 AM
lpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud of
Look at this NYPD police car

Look at this NYPD police car, do you guys see anything wrong with it ? Would you stop if this NYPD police car want to pull you over in New York city ?

Old 12-15-2010, 05:41 AM
Carbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond reputeCarbon has a reputation beyond repute
Besides the Canadian license plate you mean? It looks like a car from a movie or TV show set.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:25 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Lemme guess, they filming a movie/show w/ a scene in NY involving an NYPD cop but filmed in Canada?

Old 12-15-2010, 11:28 AM
lpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud oflpm 505 has much to be proud of
That's right, it is a Canadian license plate ( British Columbia ) on the NYPD car. The photo was taken near Downtown Vancouver 2 days ago, I didn't pay attention what TV show or movie they were filming but it said CSI unit on the NYPD SUV, I hope they will have NY plates put on during the shoot or do something during post-production. I think it is very common to see a Canadian license plated NYPD, LAPD or Seattle police car in Vancouver BC !

Old 12-21-2010, 11:29 PM
apexit1 is infamous around these partsapexit1 is infamous around these parts
Interesting, wonder why they wouldn't just shoot in NYC

Old 12-24-2010, 04:02 PM
TJ2theMaxx is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by apexit1
Interesting, wonder why they wouldn't just shoot in NYC
cost and work to stop a block in Manhattan is x332423543454256 more than in vancouver, filming cost are probably less aswell

Old 04-30-2011, 11:54 AM
topendporsche is infamous around these parts
pretty nice police car.. funny license plate.. its like driving around with a hawaiian license plate. lol

Old 04-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Hayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by TJ2theMaxx
cost and work to stop a block in Manhattan is x332423543454256 more than in vancouver, filming cost are probably less aswell
You hit the nail on the head, Sir! Actually there are tax benefits and incentives that the City of Vancouver allows to film production companies that make it "attractive" to film there as opposed to other locations. Other cities like Seattle, WA and Portland, OR (exmpl) are getting into the mix and in turn it translates into fair competition, city to city. This is what takes a crew from NYC to Vancouver BC. Good for business. Good for the economy.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:26 PM
jakeskiny is infamous around these parts
With the USD exchange rate the way it is these days, I'm sure we won't see as much of this as we used to... I used to live in Toronto, Canada which used to have the lock on the on-location filming industry. Now I see lots of shoots for crime shows on my street in NYC.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:32 PM
Hayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to beholdHayabusa is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jakeskiny
With the USD exchange rate the way it is these days, I'm sure we won't see as much of this as we used to... I used to live in Toronto, Canada which used to have the lock on the on-location filming industry. Now I see lots of shoots for crime shows on my street in NYC.
Hmmm,, that's funny,,, I always thought that New York City was just a Hollywood lot at Universal Studios.