NYC Midnight Run 2011

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 10:11 AM
jacx920 is infamous around these parts
Bump again

Old 07-02-2011, 10:19 AM
zer0t has a spectacular aura aboutzer0t has a spectacular aura about
I'm already at the borgata water club with a buzz. ****tail waitresses look good though.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:39 PM
dragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zer0t:3249509
I'm already at the borgata water club with a buzz. ****tail waitresses look good though.
In AC? jealous lol. Im having myself some pan seared oven baked steak so i can't complain too much.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:43 PM
dragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AMS Autowerks:3199182
Originally Posted by amgv
Tues I get dp+ midpipes I'll be on race fuel next weekend !! But I got hot incar vid of ur 993 Glow and flames at 175mph ish trying to catch u
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ****s going to move!!!!!!!!!!
i gotta finish up my other car to come out and play

another one of my money pits

old setup

new setup

and AMGV i would LOVE to see those vids!!!!
Wow i hope this guy makes it out tonight. I have aways wanted to take an e46 m3 and drop the m5 v10 in it. This reminds me of the guy on e90post that dropped a viper engine into an e36 tub. Fantastic

Old 07-02-2011, 03:44 PM
madman23 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by zer0t
Damn. Ill meet you out there tomorrow night. During the day will be at Caesars then heading over to the Borgata.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:29 PM
I'll be in the poker room and then maybe murmur. White jeans light blue polo style shirt and a big grin.

Old 07-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by dragonman4
In AC? jealous lol. Im having myself some pan seared oven baked steak so i can't complain too much.

Ahhh...a nice good steak. Maybe I'll walk over to Bobby Flay's.

Is that your normal preparation? Do you season at all?

Old 07-02-2011, 05:48 PM

Ahhh...a nice good steak. Maybe I'll walk over to Bobby Flay's.

Is that your normal preparation? Do you season at all?
After much trial and tribulation I found the best way. About an hour before you plan to cook it take the steak (at least an inch thick for best results, I prefer 1.25-1.5 inches) out and cover it and I mean totally cover it in sea salt. After layering it in sea salt I add spices and seasoning on top. Don't rub just coat. What that does is the salt takes the water from the inside of the steak and in the process helps exchange some of the flavor to inside. It also helps break up the muscle fibers inside. Then when you are ready to cook, pat the steak dry and preheat the oven to 500 and stick the skillet in there. When it gets to that temp take the skillet out and turn on the burners (I have gas) to max and add just a bit of olive oil. When it starts to smoke throw the steak on there. Let it fry for about 2 min to each side. You can flip if you don't want it too dark and then throw it back into the oven. Let that cook in there for about 5 min for medium to medium rare or longer if you like done. Then take it out and cover it in aluminum foil or a large pot cover for about 10 min. This let's the residual heat cook through the steak and help distribute the flavor more. After that enjoy.

Old 07-02-2011, 06:24 PM
After much trial and tribulation I found the best way. About an hour before you plan to cook it take the steak (at least an inch thick for best results, I prefer 1.25-1.5 inches) out and cover it and I mean totally cover it in sea salt. After layering it in sea salt I add spices and seasoning on top. Don't rub just coat. What that does is the salt takes the water from the inside of the steak and in the process helps exchange some of the flavor to inside. It also helps break up the muscle fibers inside. Then when you are ready to cook, pat the steak dry and preheat the oven to 500 and stick the skillet in there. When it gets to that temp take the skillet out and turn on the burners (I have gas) to max and add just a bit of olive oil. When it starts to smoke throw the steak on there. Let it fry for about 2 min to each side. You can flip if you don't want it too dark and then throw it back into the oven. Let that cook in there for about 5 min for medium to medium rare or longer if you like done. Then take it out and cover it in aluminum foil or a large pot cover for about 10 min. This let's the residual heat cook through the steak and help distribute the flavor more. After that enjoy.
Wow, I am drooling. I may invite you to my next barbecue! I can't wait to try this.

Old 07-02-2011, 06:34 PM
Wow, I am drooling. I may invite you to my next barbecue! I can't wait to try this.
You won't be disappointed. Are you coming tonight? Or staying in AC?

Old 07-02-2011, 07:07 PM
jacx920 is infamous around these parts
yo so who is excited for the midnight run? why are we suddenly talking about steaks haha

Old 07-02-2011, 07:50 PM
You won't be disappointed. Are you coming tonight? Or staying in AC?
I'm staying in AC. I'll try an grab the next one, very disappointed.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:51 AM
Highlights? Any chance you've made the Jalopnik hall of fame?

Old 07-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by zer0t
Highlights? Any chance you've made the Jalopnik hall of fame?
It didn't happen lol. Only a few cars showed up and it wasn't enough to really constitute any sort of rally or run so it was called off.

Old 07-04-2011, 05:23 PM
It didn't happen lol. Only a few cars showed up and it wasn't enough to really constitute any sort of rally or run so it was called off.
That sux.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NYC Midnight Run 2011