2013 Bergen County NJ Cars & Coffee

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 04:59 PM
TractControlOff is infamous around these parts
2013 Bergen County NJ Cars & Coffee

Hello all,

First of all, I just joined this forum today. One of the reasons I joined is to get the word out about a Cars & Coffee group I started a couple months ago in Bergen County, NJ. Due to Sandy and the winter weather since, we've had just one meet, but that will change next month. I don't have any specific dates yet, but I will update this thread once I do.

The meets are open to any sports, exotic and muscle car owners who want to show off their cars (spectators are welcome too!) to fellow owners and enthusiasts. We will meet at least one Sunday morning every month (for those who attend Cars & Croissants, we will schedule our meets around their schedule).

If you're interested in attending our meets, there are a million ways to connect with us (well, maybe not a million...).

My blog has a page dedicated to the meets, which can be accessed here.
If you're on Facebook, you can join our Facebook group here.
If e-mail is your method of preference, drop me your e-mail either here or via PM, or e-mail me at carsandcoffeeNJ@yahoo.com and I will send you e-mail updates.
If none of these work for you, I will update this thread.

I hope you're able to make one or more of our 2013 meets! I look forward to meeting you soon.
- Tony

Old 02-04-2013, 03:42 PM
2013 Bergen County NJ C&C Meet #1

Hello all,

I have tentatively scheduled our first Bergen County C&C meet of 2013! If weather cooperates (and hopefully salt is washed off the roadways), we will be meeting on Sunday, February 17th from 10 AM to 12:30 PM at the Ridgewood High School parking lot (627 East Ridgewood Ave). I have also booked February 24th as a rain/snow date. As the date approaches, I will update this thread.

As with our previous (and only meet to date) meet, all sports/exotic/muscle cars welcome.

If you would like to be added to my e-mail list, you can e-mail me at carsandcoffeeNJ@yahoo.com, reply here or PM me. I will provide all necessary info on this thread if you don't want to share your e-mail.

Finally, as a fair warning: if you plan on attending, please be respectful to the property and neighborhood, as we are in a residential neighborhood. This means no excessive revving or burnouts. It is difficult to find locations for these meets, so getting kicked out by Ridgewood if there are complaints would damage our group.

Thanks and I hope you can make our meet!

- Tony

Old 02-16-2013, 10:08 PM
Hi all,
We are postponing until next Sunday at 10 AM. It will be potentially dangerous tomorrow morning. I've seen everything from a dusting of snow to below freezing temperatures to decent wind gusts.
I anticipate meeting on the 24th. I hope to see you all then!
- Tony

Old 02-24-2013, 12:39 PM
We had a very solid turnout today. The weather even cooperated. I look forward to doing this again in a few weeks!

Here's a sample of what we had today:

http://s1276.photobucket.com/albums/...cpZZ1QQtppZZ24

Old 03-03-2013, 04:28 PM
2013 Meet #2

Hi everyone,
I have scheduled our next meet for this coming Sunday, March 10th. As with our previous two meets, all sports, exotic and muscle cars are welcome. We had a nice mix last time out, so hopefully we can build on that.

The location will once again be Ridgewood High School's parking lot. That's 627 East Ridgewood Ave for those who need the address for directions (just over a mile from Route 17 in Paramus). We will meet from 10 AM to 12:30 PM.

I received some good news from the Board of Ed this week, as they have told me that we are free to use their lot (assuming the lot is available) as long as we behave. That means absolutely no revving, burnouts or other stunts will be tolerated. Everyone did a good job of complying with this last time, so I don't anticipate a problem!

Keep an eye on this thread for weather updates. If we need to postpone, change time or anything else, I will update this thread BY 8 AM Sunday morning.

Thanks and hope to see you next week,
Tony

Old 03-04-2013, 04:42 PM
classic masonry is infamous around these partsclassic masonry is infamous around these partsclassic masonry is infamous around these parts
I will be there

Old 03-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Regarding weather: we're still planning to meet this Sunday. I'll update this thread by 8 AM Sunday morning with an official decision.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:42 AM
The forecast looks fantastic for the next two days as of right now, so the meet is definitely on for tomorrow. 10 AM at Ridgewood High School.

Hope to see you there!

Old 03-09-2013, 08:55 AM
dragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond reputedragonman4 has a reputation beyond repute
I will probably be there.

Old 03-10-2013, 07:04 PM
I'm far from the world's most talented photographer, but here's my gallery from today. I enjoyed meeting everyone and seeing others again!

http://s1276.photobucket.com/albums/...cpZZ1QQtppZZ24

Old 03-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Bergen County C&C - Sunday, April 7th

Just hours after our 3/10 meet, I got an e-mail from the Ridgewood Board of Ed booking us for Sunday, April 7th, so since many people I spoke to yesterday requested advance notice for our next meet, here it is! *We may schedule a last-minute meet before the 7th at another venue. If we do, I'll update this thread.

The time: 10 AM to 12:30 PM (or whenever the last car leaves)
The place: Ridgewood High School (627 East Ridgewood Ave)

We had 70-80 cars come out on 3/10, so hopefully as the weather continues to improve, so will the turnouts!

The only rule we have is the same as it's always been: no revving or burnouts will be tolerated. We are in a residential neighborhood, and our permission to use the parking lot is under the assumption that we do not disrupt neighbors.

---

Now, two quick notes about the RHS parking lot:

First of all, if the school is locked, we will not have direct access to a public restroom. The church across the street is available, but unfortunately, I can't do anything else about that.

Secondly, when you're leaving the parking lot, you are not allowed to make a left turn out of the lot onto Ridgewood Ave. You must make a right and then either turn left onto Brookside or right onto Hermance Place to avoid being ticketed by Ridgewood Police.

---

Thanks in advance for your cooperation. I hope to see on the 7th.

- Tony Boniello

Old 03-29-2013, 10:33 AM
Just an update for you: we have changed the time for our meet on 4/7. We will be meeting from 9:30 AM to Noon. The change in time is because I plan to attend the NY Auto Show later that day. If anyone wants to tag along or meet there, please let me know!

Old 03-30-2013, 09:44 AM
boxzilla is infamous around these parts
Hey... I use to attend the Chatham meet ups but they were too far.. This is great as I am local....Would love to see these types of events moved to someplace you could actually have coffee and.... Would you consider someplace like the Panera up Rt 17 in Ramsey/Mahwah? I have been there on Sunday mornings and the parking lot is quiet and large due to the number of stores that are closed. Looking forward to meeting up soon!

Old 03-30-2013, 03:06 PM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by boxzilla
Hey... I use to attend the Chatham meet ups but they were too far.. This is great as I am local....Would love to see these types of events moved to someplace you could actually have coffee and.... Would you consider someplace like the Panera up Rt 17 in Ramsey/Mahwah? I have been there on Sunday mornings and the parking lot is quiet and large due to the number of stores that are closed. Looking forward to meeting up soon!

Panera works well with me.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by boxzilla
Originally Posted by CarreraPete
Panera works well with me.

That's a great idea, but most stores won't let us use their parking lots without liability insurance. In order to keep these meets free for everyone, we don't agree to meet at those locations. There are coffee shops in Ridgewood less than half a mile from the high school and I provide coffee as well. With that said, we will hopefully be trying the Edgewater Commons in a few weeks as a location.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2013 Bergen County NJ Cars & Coffee