Paul Miller cars & coffee Sunday April 13

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 06:41 PM
YJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond repute
Paul Miller cars & coffee Sunday April 13

Anyone else going starts at 9:30?

Old 04-12-2014, 07:51 PM
Isik is infamous around these parts
Hi Joseph, I believe it starts at 8:30... I'm planning to head down early with my base 997.1... However, please let me know if you have plans to meet others and go for a early drive before the meet

Old 04-13-2014, 06:09 AM
YJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond reputeYJosephTT has a reputation beyond repute
Uh oh, they Told me 9:30, some friends (non porsche) will be going for a drive after upto palisades.
I will have silver 996 turbo with red interior, probably the only front plates mounted , hope to see you.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by YJosephTT
Uh oh, they Told me 9:30, some friends (non porsche) will be going for a drive after upto palisades.
I will have silver 996 turbo with red interior, probably the only front plates mounted , hope to see you.
Sorry I forgot to check this thread in the morning I believe I've seen your car, you have sports seats, right?

I needed to get back home around noon, so started the day early, after some nice twisties in CT&NY, went to Bear Mountain and then to Paul Miller. Great turn out today!

Old 04-13-2014, 02:02 PM
Yes great event, over 500 cars I heard, the police started shutting it down tho after 11 or so.
Still good times, tons of exotics.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	359322  
Old 04-14-2014, 08:09 AM
porschemama is infamous around these partsporschemama is infamous around these parts
I heard it shut down Rt 46. The meet was recorded by PM on youtube. Maybe you'll spot yourselves!

Old 04-14-2014, 08:34 AM
TractControlOff is infamous around these parts
The police inexplicably started blocking lanes on 46 at random points, which worsened traffic. Also, the DFC cars all left together and met up on the shoulder, which didn't help either.

I snapped a bit of that footage (albeit shaky footage!):

Old 04-14-2014, 08:49 AM
porschemama is infamous around these partsporschemama is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the vid! Wish I had skipped an ankle biter bday party and brought the boys here. Great collection of Lambos although I almost had a stroke watching a C-class jocking a Lambo and Minivan cutting off another.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:16 PM
Why those guys decided to pull over on the shoulder and not further down at one of those strip malls is beyond me. Their exit was the biggest contributor to the traffic jam.. overall it was still a great event.

Found this on YouTube, I gotta get one of those drones.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:42 PM
TractControlOff is infamous around these parts
I would love a camera/drone but I'd be worried about landing it on someone's car. I worry about someone lacking the skill to fly one causing an incident at one of these events sooner or later.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by TractControlOff
... I worry about someone lacking the skill to fly one causing an incident at one of these events sooner or later.

I feel the same way... I don't think the drones are that heavy, but still worry about something going wrong and denting someone's pride and joy...

Old 04-15-2014, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by TractControlOff
I would love a camera/drone but I'd be worried about landing it on someone's car. I worry about someone lacking the skill to fly one causing an incident at one of these events sooner or later.
I was actually looking into buying one last summer. Went to the hobby store in Paterson, the guy sold me a smaller cheaper version to practice on, you don't want to learn on the large expensive models and crash or loose it. I'm still practicing (honestly my son plays with it more than I)

The guy flying it at the meet seemed pretty decent. That model has like 6 gyros and GPS, you can set it so it returns to the launch position when triggered, or if it looses radio contact.

Old 05-21-2014, 05:43 AM
Anyone going back to Paul Millers for the launch party tomorrow? Paul and Raj are pretty pumped about it so we rsvp'd yesterday.