Other British Cars Jaguar, TVR, Rolls Royce, Morgan, Caterham, Noble & Range Rover

Tvr

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 11:33 PM
lunamar is infamous around these parts
Tvr

Are those legal in the states
what does it take to import them and for those that have done it what was the expense

thx

Old 07-16-2009, 10:57 PM
f3d
f3d is infamous around these parts
hey, have you found anything out? i just re-stumbled upon tvr, and found a tuscan S i'd ****** up. stupid US.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:12 AM
lunamar is infamous around these parts
no I have not

Old 07-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
I have seen them on eBay where they claim that they had been legalized for the US, but I have no idea how much it would be. It is quite a bit different, but the Motorex GTRs were pretty crazy expensive after import.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:26 PM
TVS-Atom is infamous around these parts
Is TVR still around? Last I read they were in fiscal trouble

Old 07-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
TVR is long gone I believe. Smolenski was not able to save the company and then it was sold off to some investors in Florida if I remember correctly. From there I believe that it was found out that Smolenski was still involved and the company is just a name at the moment. They hope to restart production, but who knows how likely that will be.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Francesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to behold
Every now and then I see one floating around on Ebay in the US. I highly doubt their are many in the states.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Ibn Rushd is infamous around these parts
There were a few here in Canada and the US that were converted/legalized however the new ones aren't without major modification. As for if they are in production, I can't recall what the status of it is, but the company isn't fully dead and I'm sure they are planning their comback. The site is still up and shows 3 vehicles, but nothing other than that, also licensing is still being given out to video games.