Other British Cars Jaguar, TVR, Rolls Royce, Morgan, Caterham, Noble & Range Rover

TVR I6 - 4.7L/550hp package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 03:23 PM
BD-
Banned
BD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to behold
TVR I6 - 4.7L/550hp package

Owners of TVRs with Speed Six engines are being offered two new performance conversions by Melling Sportscars.

Option one includes a capacity increase to 4.5-litres, giving a significantly-improved power output of 516bhp. Option two bores the engine out even further to 4.7-litres, with claimed output rising to 550bhp.
Rochdale-based Melling Sportscars will carry out the conversions on-site, at a cost of around £7,500. According to the company, its Speed Six conversions will be re-built to the original AJP6 design. The original cylinder-head design was modified in production by TVR, and the Melling conversion hopes to address reported reliability issues surrounding the engine.
‘All moving parts will be crack tested and pressure points will be pressure tested, and all engine components will be inspected and replaced if they fall outside of the manufacturer’s tolerances,’ Melling works manager Craig Morley tells PH.
‘This is for the real TVR enthusiasts, giving them the chance to have a genuine performance modification done by the original engine designer.’
In a 1060kg Sagaris, this would shift!

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 06-25-2009 at 03:26 PM. Reason: embedded link