Other British Cars Jaguar, TVR, Rolls Royce, Morgan, Caterham, Noble & Range Rover

Range...yes or no?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 05:35 AM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
Range...yes or no?

Thinking of picking up a newer model Range. Perhaps a RR Sport. Or, more likely, the HSE. Had a Range a LONG time ago, and it was nothing but trouble. However, I want something for dirt roads and highway driving in the CO mountains. Curious what people think. RRs can be awful. Or, some have had good experiences with them. Any comments are welcome. If not the Range, then...what?

CW

Old 06-30-2009, 10:00 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Cayenne

Old 06-30-2009, 10:31 AM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
Cayenne
No Porsche dealer within a 2 hour drive. Not to mention I don't care for the styling. But, that said, that's along the lines...

CW

Old 06-30-2009, 02:13 PM
BMWxM is infamous around these parts
We jusst got rid of our RR. It was a s/c sport, and it was nothing but trouble. especially the suspension, brakes would go constantly, and it would make so many unattractive noises (except when you stepped on the pedal!!) I felt the same way you did about the cayenne, until i saw the GTS! SO much more sporty looking. or the new turbo S. So i would recommend the GTS. I was actually looking at them but decided on a GL550....go figure!

Old 06-30-2009, 03:02 PM
lakbum81 is infamous around these parts
I've had mine for 10 months so far, and I have had not a single problem at all. I think they are considerably a lot more reliable then when they first came out.

Since the new RRS is coming out in 2010 with the 500 hp supercharged engine, I would wait for that but then again, I would stay away from the 1st year and probably get one in 2011 or 2012. The prices for the '09's and down should go down considerably when they the 2010's come out. Also, the 2010 has a new interior which looks quite amazing.

If I had another choice, I would get a G55, but that's just me.

Old 06-30-2009, 03:44 PM
BMWxM is infamous around these parts
That is a good point. I got mine the first year they came out. The G55 is amazing, i didnt mention it because of the price differance. But if you can afford the G55, go for it!

Old 06-30-2009, 08:56 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
i too didn't care much about the cayenne or even think about it until i drove one.
i drove the v6 and blindly ordered the v8. it was that good to me.

The RR does look very attractive and classy. G55 is also old skool kool

Old 07-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Moose///M6 is infamous around these partsMoose///M6 is infamous around these parts
I had a Range Rover Sport HSE last year. I'd have to agre with some of the things said above. I can especially vouch for the brakes problem. And oh my goodness, whenever they would need replacing, there would be this annoying DING, every single time you touch the brake pedal...IMAGINE THAT. As far as comfort, the navi was nice, arm rests were cool, mini cooler, etc..its a good looking truck, i had 22" redbournes on mine..ill get a pic up in later on today..i have no pics of it on my laptop..

We now have a 4.8 X5, its great, and i like it WAY more than the range. It has much more power, to me looks better (it has the 20" spider web looking wheels), third row, rear entertainment system, QUALITY build. awesome truck.

Last edited by Moose///M6; 07-01-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:35 PM
farrbar is infamous around these parts
I have the Full Size RR HSE. I don't plan on owning it when the warranty is up. I have silly little stuff that goes wrong (an exterior window trim piece flew off, rear tail gate latch came loose - causing rattle, air suspension got stuck in the normal ride height - car would not lower).

That being said, after having spent a decent amount of time with a G500, a would say that quality of the rover is better (granted I am comparing a 2003 G500 to a 2005 RR HSE). The G500 has had some more serious issues (rear doors wouldn't open, windows falling off track, leaking sunroof, rust...)

I love the space, style, power and ride of the RR. So, I deal with the little issues. The issues on my car have been small enough that I wait to take it to the stealer until I want the use of a loaner (i.e. going to the hood, hauling junk....). I would buy another.

Old 07-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
cayenne without doubt.
i'd definitely take that 2 hour trip to porsche dealer. you will be owning it for more than 2 hours (4 hours if you consider the round trip) so you might wanna consider it.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:26 PM
LT1
LT1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lakbum81

Since the new RRS is coming out in 2010 with the 500 hp supercharged engine, I would wait for that but then again, I would stay away from the 1st year and probably get one in 2011 or 2012. The prices for the '09's and down should go down considerably when they the 2010's come out. Also, the 2010 has a new interior which looks quite amazing.

You're right! I just got a 2009 RR sport with the 20" stormer wheels for $52,250 Brand new.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:18 PM
roadking is infamous around these parts
I have an 07 RR SC. 35K miles, no major issues. Compared to previous premium SUV's, (MB ML, BMW X5, Cayenne S) I really like the RR. This size works well for my use, the power is acceptable and the interior is excellent. I would NEVER buy one new, but you can pick up some decent one owner trucks for reasonable dollars. My reliability has been as good if not better than the three other SUV's I have owned. Good luck in your search.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:09 PM
Settled on the full-sized '06 RR Supercharged. Under 30K miles. Extended CPO warranty through Nov of 2010, plus a 2-year extended warranty beyond that through LR. Decent price (under $44K). Dealer is less than 1 hr away. So far, so good. Good in the mountains. Good on the dirt roads to the sporting clays range.

Thanks for everyone's input.

CW

Old 08-12-2009, 03:15 PM
LT1
LT1 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by CornersWell
Settled on the full-sized '06 RR Supercharged. Under 30K miles. Extended CPO warranty through Nov of 2010, plus a 2-year extended warranty beyond that through LR. Decent price (under $44K). Dealer is less than 1 hr away. So far, so good. Good in the mountains. Good on the dirt roads to the sporting clays range.

Thanks for everyone's input.

CW
That's a good price!

Old 08-12-2009, 03:32 PM
slammedM is infamous around these parts
just saw pics of the 2010 Range Rovers
WOW!

Interior is gorgeous!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.