Other British Cars Jaguar, TVR, Rolls Royce, Morgan, Caterham, Noble & Range Rover

2010 Jaguar XF-R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 09:54 PM
GRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud of
2010 Jaguar XF-R

Gents,

The XF has been growing on me and I had a good look at an XF-R today and fell in love... Any personal experience on here?

I wonder what the quality of these cars will be like in 2-4 years when then come off lease?

-Geoff

Old 10-11-2009, 11:17 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
I think they are good looking sports sedans. The 2010 has performance improvements and should hold up well. Nice choice!

Old 10-12-2009, 08:23 AM
GRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud ofGRACEHMS has much to be proud of
Thanks Nick! This '10 model has 510hp and there was a great TopGear issue where they put it up against the M5.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:17 AM
FYI for others: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPE1pRVd0xw

They rate the XFR has a better car for street driving than the M5 and put it a hair behind the M5 in rating on the track...

I'm a huge BMW fan, but this is an impressive car!

Old 10-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Surfer is infamous around these parts
I checked out the regular XF with the new 5.0, damn car sounds like a muscle car LOL, kinda suprising hearing that sound come from it. Excellent car, Jag did a great job and love the new style interior their using.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:58 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
i don't think anything depreciates as fast as the e60 has depreciated so far...i think the xf-r is a great addition to the high performance sedan competition. it may be a bit overpriced given where m5's actually trade and relative to the cts-v, but assuming a good discount it will probably hold its value a lot better than jags of old....imho.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:40 AM
FLA-Vyk is infamous around these parts
I have the XF Premier edition and love it. Can not imagine what the XF-R could improve on. Just returned from a trip to the Boston area and got 26.7mpg round trip. I do love the car.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:31 AM
06nine is infamous around these parts
My wife and I have owned the '10 xfr for about 5 months -approx 9000 miles on the odo now. According to Aston Martin/Jaguar of Tampa, we got one of the first ones in the area... Handles well for a heavy car- better than my 09 550 w/sport pkg. All said, no regrets. Interior is nicely laid out and the Nav is typical Jaguar. Avg mpg is around 17, which I consider to be phenomenal with this amount of power. My Vantage (08) couldn't get over 14 and it was rated @ 380hp. I was surprised that my wife chose this car (it's hers!) as she usually doesn't care for a lot of power, but it was the sheer beauty of the car that sold her. 80 large is a lot, but in this case, you get quite a bit for the money. I have been waiting for the cooler weather to come as I feel a trip to Bradenton Motorsports Park is due. The books claim 12.6 in the quarter- this I'd like to see for myself!