Other British Cars Jaguar, TVR, Rolls Royce, Morgan, Caterham, Noble & Range Rover

Anyone got an '07 Range Rover MkIII?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Paul K is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kensilver
Now that you've had it a few months, what's your verdict? Any problems? I'm looking at replacing my LX570 with a 2008-10 RR but the reliability issue keeps coming up time and time again everywhere I look.

Interested to know your thoughts so far!
Frankly, it was an absolute fuching disaster. Many, many things I didn't like about it. Examples- I had to wait a second before turning the key to start it because the rig had to recognize the key. Every time I pulled away after starting the rig, the ABS would self test with an annoying whompa whompa whompa noise. The engine would momentarily cut out at speed. Front bumper wasn't on straight. Picture on the rear view camera screen was grainy. Passengers side door didn't close right. Trunk latch occasionally opened itself. Silly little stuff like that.

So I traded it in on an '08 LR3 SE. Love it. Not as cool looking as the RR but still way cool & does everything I need easily, including 20mpg hwy.

I have heard that all Rovers were much better from '08 onwards, but I won't be buying any more Range Rovers!

Cheers,

Paul.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:03 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Paul K
Frankly, it was an absolute fuching disaster....
Paul.
Actually that sounds really bad, and together with all the faults I'm continually hearing about the RR, you've put me right off buying one.

But I have to wonder, why does anyone still buy them? Beautiful to look at, but bottom of the reliability scale. And yet they're bought by anyone and everyone.

It's a lot like my Vanquish...an absolutely stunning car to look at and listen to, but it was built for another era. It had a tape deck fergoodnessake! Thankfully the DB9 is something a lot more pleasant, but I doubt whether RR will ever recover and get out of their lousy build quality cycle to put it back on the map.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:16 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Ken,
I traded in my 07RRSC (non-sport) for a 2010LX570 only because I wanted the keyless entry and drive, radar cruise, third row and percieved reliability of Lexus. Only kept it 8 months and traded it for CTT.
I regreted the trade to the lexus and still lust over RR even with my CTT. Nothing feels or drives like a RR. I am not talking about the 'sports', I personally do not like them and they do not represent what a Rover is to me.
I had no mechanical issues at all with my car, neither electronic or drivetrain. But had many little cosmetic issues of the headliner falling down, trim around windshield came loose, sunglass holder and switch for sunroof was installed backwards, etc.
So just annoying to have it taken in for fixing (under warranty) but should not have to have that on such an expensive car. I also had a 99' RR 4.6HSE and I miss it also. Drove it till it had 100k miles and had no problems except for needed a new computer for air suspension which is expected after 80k miles and cost about 1500.
I would not buy a RR new because a slightly used one is at least 35% less with less then 15k miles on it.

The LX was exhausting for my wife and I because it felt so HUGE that it was tiring to drive it around town. And it did not have the smooth quiet ride that I thought I would be getting with a Lexus.
Interesting comments, specially your move out of the LX570. I've had a couple of LX470s and the 570 is not as good a ride, but not bad, about a 7/10.

Like you I've wanted a RR for a long time because their styling and road presence is stunning, but reliability and depreciation is a killer - especially out of warranty. By comparison the LX never seems to drop very far from their purchase price.

I test drove a 2010 RR a few months back and quite frankly I thought it drove like a truck. The interior is nowhere near as plush as the LX570, and the switchgear and instrument layout all looks a little dated. No fridge either. I was quite disappointed, but I still want one, maybe later when they get a better build.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Paul K is infamous around these parts
It's like dating a supermodel...who's cheating on you. You just keep coming back...

Old 11-26-2011, 12:18 PM
legit526 is infamous around these parts
debated similar but went with an 08 Range Rover Supercharged and am ecstatic that i did. Its a nice place to be sitting. Traded an 04 Porsche Turbo Cab so it was a huge change.