Other British Cars Jaguar, TVR, Rolls Royce, Morgan, Caterham, Noble & Range Rover

Anyone got an '07 Range Rover MkIII?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 06:35 PM
Paul K is infamous around these parts
Anyone got an '07 Range Rover MkIII?

All:

I was going to get a RR, but decided to get a G500 instead. That said, I think the RR is a better looking rig. The problem is reliability. Anyone got an '07+ RR? Care to share your experiences?

Thanks,

Paul.

Old 12-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Chipster is infamous around these parts
I'm sure there are quite a few threads on this forum regarding RR reliability. There are a few who swear by them and have no problems and there are also many who have frequent problems. The general consensus is if you get one, make sure it has a warranty whether you eventually have problems or not!

Old 12-22-2010, 06:42 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Had a 07' RRSC for 18 months. It was in the shop many times for simple cosmetic issues, nothing with the electronics, engine or driveline. The headliner was coming apart, the sunglass holder and sunroof controlls were put in backwards. The lining on the rear window was coming apart. These were a few of the things that were repaired under warranty. The car ran great though. But these things are annoying in a car that costs this much.

Old 12-22-2010, 06:57 PM
All:

Thanks for the responses. Guess I'll go with a MB G500!

Cheers,

Paul.

Old 12-22-2010, 07:01 PM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Paul K
All:

Thanks for the responses. Guess I'll go with a MB G500!

Cheers,

Paul.
Just do a check and see if the G500 is much more reliable then the RR. I have heard great things about the car but also bad things about reliability. Not really knowledgeable about the G500, but I think you should check into it more.

Old 12-22-2010, 10:01 PM
ZZZ:

I've done some research- it sounds like the '04+ models are better than the '02-'03's. One thing I've really noticed- the G class doesn't depreciate at anything close to the rate of the RR. Sub-40k milers are over $45k for the G, RR's can be had for less than $30k same year, same miles.

I need to go drive one. Tried out an '07 RR MkIII supercharged and was unimpressed.

Thanks,

Paul.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:10 AM
TT/T is infamous around these parts
RR's can be had for less than $30k same year, same miles.
I doubt its SC.

I've seen a big price change from MY 2006 to 2007.

It appears due to the redesigned dashboard.

Have a look here.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by TT/T
I doubt its SC.

I've seen a big price change from MY 2006 to 2007.

It appears due to the redesigned dashboard.

Have a look here.
Correct- not SC.

'06 was the first year of the Jag engine.

'07 seems more reliable.

Thanks,

Paul.

Old 12-27-2010, 01:07 PM
ksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to allksbenz is a name known to all
We have an '08 SC and previously had '06 HSE. No problems with either and super comfortable for long journeys. Feels like a quality vehicle.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:20 AM
KSBenz:

Did the non-SC feel underpowered? I prefer the looks of the RR over the G, but my last RR was an unreliable pig. Don't want to do that again!

Old 12-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
I've owned a 2006 RR Supercharged, 2007 RR HSE ( still have it) and a 2008 RR supercharged.

The RR is no different from any Benz, or BMW I've owned. They each have their own issues but if it's nothing mechanical, then I can live with it. I've had a MBZ E63 that was sold in 9 months due to multiple air suspension issues, a SL65 sold due to Turbocharger/fuel pump failures, BMW 535 fuel pump issues, X5 bushing issues....ect

Every car is going to have it's quirks. The RR has been just as reliable as my Toyota Tundra work trucks, and multiple Porsches. The size, ride quality, the braking performance, safety and all weather reliablity is what keeps me coming back to it. I feel every manufacturer has come a long way and I can't see a manufacturer these days not being reliable. No car is perfect, pick the car that puts that smile on your face.

Old 03-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Update:

Went round & round trying to decide. Keep the '04 vs. get a G-500 vs. get an '07 RR.

I think I'll get a Range Rover.

Thanks guys!

Paul.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Update:

Got one. Love it!

All silver now...

Cheers,

Paul.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:43 PM
kensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud ofkensilver has much to be proud of
Update:

Got one. Love it!... Paul.
Now that you've had it a few months, what's your verdict? Any problems? I'm looking at replacing my LX570 with a 2008-10 RR but the reliability issue keeps coming up time and time again everywhere I look.

Interested to know your thoughts so far!

Old 11-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by kensilver
Now that you've had it a few months, what's your verdict? Any problems? I'm looking at replacing my LX570 with a 2008-10 RR but the reliability issue keeps coming up time and time again everywhere I look.

Interested to know your thoughts so far!
Ken,
I traded in my 07RRSC (non-sport) for a 2010LX570 only because I wanted the keyless entry and drive, radar cruise, third row and percieved reliability of Lexus. Only kept it 8 months and traded it for CTT.
I regreted the trade to the lexus and still lust over RR even with my CTT. Nothing feels or drives like a RR. I am not talking about the 'sports', I personally do not like them and they do not represent what a Rover is to me.
I had no mechanical issues at all with my car, neither electronic or drivetrain. But had many little cosmetic issues of the headliner falling down, trim around windshield came loose, sunglass holder and switch for sunroof was installed backwards, etc.
So just annoying to have it taken in for fixing (under warranty) but should not have to have that on such an expensive car. I also had a 99' RR 4.6HSE and I miss it also. Drove it till it had 100k miles and had no problems except for needed a new computer for air suspension which is expected after 80k miles and cost about 1500.
I would not buy a RR new because a slightly used one is at least 35% less with less then 15k miles on it.

The LX was exhausting for my wife and I because it felt so HUGE that it was tiring to drive it around town. And it did not have the smooth quiet ride that I thought I would be getting with a Lexus.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Anyone got an '07 Range Rover MkIII?