Other Italian Supercars Alfa 8C, Pagani Zonda, Cizetta etc.

Spied: Pagani Zonda FR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 05:27 PM
4Thirty is a jewel in the rough4Thirty is a jewel in the rough4Thirty is a jewel in the rough
Spied: Pagani Zonda FR

Here are great new pictures of the scorching Pagani Zonda replacement. We spotted the Italian supercar as it took a breather from testing.

As you can see, it is an evolution of the existing car, which is nearly nine years old. At the front, soft curves replace sharp creases, while a wider grille has been fitted to aid cooling and improve the looks.

These changes to the bodywork should also improve aerodynamics, with greater high-speed stability and refinement the main benefits.

The cabin structure and glass area have been carried over from the current car, and the interior has received only minor changes, keeping the same mix of hand-stitched soft leather and bespoke aluminium controls and trim. But the big news is at the rear. Look closely and you’ll spot two gaping air scoops on top of the rear wings, together with a single duct on the engine cover.

These additions hint at a new powerplant instead of the current 547bhp 7.3 V12 supplied by AMG, Mercedes’ tuning arm. Heading the shortlist to replace it is the supercharged 5.4-litre V8 unit from the McLaren SLR, which produces up to 680bhp in the 722 GT version.

Combine that with the Pagani’s lightweight carbon fibre construction, and performance is sure to be blistering. The 0-60mph sprint is likely to dip below three seconds, and top speed should be comfortably beyond 200mph.

Although no launch date has been set for the new Zonda, the first showroom-ready examples are due in dealerships early next year.

From http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au...ger_punch.html

Old 05-14-2008, 06:08 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
hope the production will have a cleaner front end

Old 05-14-2008, 07:29 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Not as ugly as the current one....

Old 05-14-2008, 08:10 PM
DynamicMotoring is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SSNISTR
Not as ugly as the current one....
I think think you meant not as gorgeous as the current one

Old 05-14-2008, 08:20 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
They both look nice.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:33 PM
SINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura aboutSINISTR has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DynamicMotoring
I think think you meant not as gorgeous as the current one
Na, the Zonda just never did it for me for some reason.

This one does however look much better IMO.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:53 PM
SpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura about
im sensing something great! but i remember hearing possible use of the mb 5.5ltr twin turbo to pass emissions.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:59 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by SSNISTR
Na, the Zonda just never did it for me for some reason.

This one does however look much better IMO.

This is how I feel about the Bugatti.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:22 PM
alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !
Wow, I can't wait to see the finished version. My one and only complaint for the current model is that it doesn't have enough power to compete with it's main rivals like the Enzo/SLR/CGT, not to mention the Koenigsegg and perhaps even the Veyron. 680 hp will be a nice boost, but it really needs at least 800+ bhp to play with the current top dogs.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:42 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by alzilla300
680 hp will be a nice boost, but it really needs at least 800+ bhp to play with the current top dogs.
True!

Old 05-15-2008, 09:49 AM
DynamicMotoring is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by alzilla300
Wow, I can't wait to see the finished version. My one and only complaint for the current model is that it doesn't have enough power to compete with it's main rivals like the Enzo/SLR/CGT, not to mention the Koenigsegg and perhaps even the Veyron. 680 hp will be a nice boost, but it really needs at least 800+ bhp to play with the current top dogs.

It was actually nearly as fast as the Enzo around a track, even underpowered as it was. It was far quicker than a Murci in a straight line, so I think with 680hp it will walk most competitors.

Old 05-15-2008, 09:53 AM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DynamicMotoring
It was actually nearly as fast as the Enzo around a track, even underpowered as it was. It was far quicker than a Murci in a straight line, so I think with 680hp it will walk most competitors.
+1 - In it's current form it IS one of the "top dogs", This boost in power will be interesting for sure.

Old 05-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Banned
*STATUS* is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by adybuncio
hope the production will have a cleaner front end

agreed

Old 05-16-2008, 03:11 AM
SiNzz is infamous around these parts
Speechless. I'm betting it will definitely be cleaned up for production. These test cars aren't design to reflect the aesthetics so much as make sure the damn thing runs the way its supposed to. Can't wait to see the final product though!

Old 05-16-2008, 02:33 PM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
wow.... its definitely a helluva car but i still prefer the looks of the current one...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spied: Pagani Zonda FR