Other Italian Supercars Alfa 8C, Pagani Zonda, Cizetta etc.

Koenigsegg CCXR spotted, along with a zonda and a F430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 09:19 AM
GSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to allGSlider is a name known to all
Wow, thats alot of money rolling around there. Nice pics.

Old 09-14-2008, 10:43 AM
MementoMori is infamous around these parts
Maybe this is an ignorant question, but I was always under the impression that even the best roads in Africa were pretty rough... can you really even enjoy a car with that little ground clearance in that area of the world?

Old 09-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Banned
CSL_22Blover is infamous around these parts
Just to clear up any misconceptions, South Africa is NOT like the rest of africa, if there was such a thing as a "second world" country it would describe south africa perfectly

We sell the 3rd most aston martins in the world, obviously behind the US and the UK ( which is pretty suprising considering we are like an eighth of the size of the US

Our roads are way better than the UK, i have been there numerous time so i know, but tell me which country in the world except germany could one actually exploit a car like this true potential?

There are tons of long and flat straights here that stretch for KM , there are also tons of mountain passes to have fun with. Chapmans peak pass in cape town was recently voted one of the best driving roads in the world (you should see the scenary ) simply breathtaking !!!

Most of our highways are 4 lanes or bigger on either side ( they are expanding , to be even bigger for the upcoming world cup)

Sure, just like any other country , we have our problems such as poverty etc. When i was in Australia (which is considered a first world country), i wondered why people asked me if i have a lion as a pet or if we have roads here, then i saw this advert on TV of how they portray SA to the world, it was absolutely shocking, its nothing like that here, yes there is widespread poverty etc, but they make us look like the rest of Africa, when we are quite a bit further ahead than them, if you know what i mean

I don't understand why SA always has to get a bad rap, maybe its media misconceptions or whatever, but when i was in australia, my cousins car got broken into twice in a week, the roads were average and sometimes shocking to say the least ( potholes everywhere), its a giant nanny state, the speedlimit is 80-100km/h on the highways and its generally dirty ( no offence to any Aussies here, make no mistake Australia is a beautiful country but they also have their problems)

Last weekend i went to a supercar day, there were 3 mclaren f1 there, so yeah south africans are very status driven, even if they live in debt just to be better than their neighbour

Sorry for the rant , it just irks me how SA is portrayed to the world, i think its cos our useless government does not understand that south africa needs to be marketed as a "brand" , just like the USA and Australia is.

When i see adverts of the US or australia on TV, it looks awesome, but im sure you guys also have your fair share of problems. I mean when i think of australia i don't just think outback and koala, whereas when people think of south africa, they think poverty, crime and corruption, or that we are unadvanced and live in mud huts

Honestly take a drive down bryanston or camps bay and see the houses and cars there it is ridiculous

oh and just to let everyone know, the owner of the zonda is the owner of teazers ( a strip club franchise here), yeah he has no taste as can be seen by the wheels on the Zonda, but he has some nice cars ( over 70 , from classic to hypercars eg: koenigsegg CCX, 7 lambos, SLR convert. old corvettes and muscle cars, ariel atom etc)

the owner of the silver koenigsegg CCXR, is the MD of futurefin, which is an investment company, he is also a huge car enthusiast eg: custom lambo superleggera, 2 Lp 640 ( one for his wife), Rolls drophead , a zonda c12 s convertable) f430 scuderia, spyker and a couple of Brabus mercs etc

Old 09-14-2008, 06:44 PM
mikemets is infamous around these parts
Not Italian, but I did check this out today at a mostly Ferrari car show...

I actually participated with my AM, but this was so cool:

Attached Images    
Old 09-17-2008, 03:48 PM
Mike S is infamous around these partsMike S is infamous around these parts
Nice spotting! I didn't know L****y put new wheels on the Zonda - wow does it look terrible! Look like knock off Techart wheels.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by flavorone
Hmm.. MikeS?
No, not me thank goodness! Wouldn't mind the 'segg though! Zonda F Roadster only for me!

Old 09-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by MementoMori
Maybe this is an ignorant question, but I was always under the impression that even the best roads in Africa were pretty rough... can you really even enjoy a car with that little ground clearance in that area of the world?
Do these roads look bad to you?

Last edited by Mike S; 04-03-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Other random pics

Old 09-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Banned
CSL_22Blover is infamous around these parts
Wink

wow,thanks so much for the awesome pics Mike

Just a couple of questions was that taken on the N1 north by any chance

Do you live in Joburg or cape town

Is the Spyker yours or did you just test drive it

Oh and please let us all know what car you getting next hopefully a zonda f

Cheers mate

(oh and all those nobles together look amazing !!!!!!!!!)

Old 09-21-2008, 06:12 PM
zotbot is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mikemets
I actually participated with my AM, but this was so cool:
That blue CXX is awesome!

Old 09-30-2008, 10:46 PM
ExoticEngraving is infamous around these parts
Awesome Pictures!!!!!!

Old 10-01-2008, 02:45 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
The wheels on the ccxr look like dog doddie

Old 11-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Jasil is infamous around these parts
Beautiful.

Old 11-29-2008, 07:43 AM
SpeedTouch is infamous around these parts
was the ccxr the one that runs on biofuel and is like 1000 hp?

Old 12-03-2008, 01:57 AM
AreTee is infamous around these parts
Well, you don't see that everyday!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Koenigsegg CCXR spotted, along with a zonda and a F430